Trinity College Dublin

Skip to main content.

Top Level TCD Links

Campanile

Visitors passing under the archway of Front Gate, entering the wide cobbled quadrangle that is Parliament Square, are greeted by the sight of the imposing Campanile. Often used as a symbol to portray Trinity College, the Campanile dates from the mid 19th Century. It is the most recent in a long line dating back to the original tower of the monastery of All Hallows, where the first foundations of the College were laid over four hundred years ago. The Campanile was donated in 1853 by the Archbishop of Armagh, Lord Beresford.


Last updated 30 October 2014 by Virtual Tour (Email).