Child Sexual Abuse: Partnering Research to Improve Lives
Thursday, 28 September 2017, 9:30am – 4:15pm
We are pleased to open invitations to participate in an interactive interdisciplinary workshop on child sexual abuse. The workshop is co-ordinated by Dr Simon McCarthy-Jones, Maeve Lewis, Dr Rosaleen McElvaney, and Dr Ailise Bulfin and is funded by the Irish Research Council New Foundations scheme.
The aims of the workshop are for professionals and survivors working or researching in the area of child sexual abuse (CSA) to:
- Pool expertise to identify problems not currently being addressed.
- Consider how research could help address these problems.
- Develop partnerships to take such research forward together.
The workshop will involve sessions on:
- The impact of CSA on physical and mental health
- Child protection
- Psychotherapy with CSA survivors
- CSA and the criminal justice system
- Offender treatment
Attendance is free, but places are limited and registration is essential.
Please email Dr Simon McCarthy-Jones at email@example.com to register a place.
Campus Location: Trinity Long Room Hub
Room: Neill Lecture Theatre
Event Type: Lectures and Seminars, Public
Type of Event: One-time event
Cost: Free (but registration is essential)
Contact Name: Dr Simon McCarthy-Jones
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
More info: www.tcd.ie…