The Institute Board is our governance body and meets three times a year.
Professor Geoffrey Crossick, Distinguished Professor of the Humanities in the School of Advanced Study, the University of London, has chaired the board since 2010.
This body, comprising three external members, the Dean of Research and Faculty Dean, and representatives of our constituent partners approves policy and strategy, monitors progress against our targets and how risks are being addressed, evaluates our added value and governance, reviews finances and provides advice about how best to sustain our activities (both financial and leadership).
- Professor Geoffrey Crossick (Chair), London
- Dr Mary Canning, Dublin,
- Mr Terry Neill, Dublin
- Professor Judith Buchanan, University of York
- Professor Darryl Jones, Dean of Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
- Professor John Boland, Dean of Research
- Professor Jane Ohlemeyer, Director of Trinity Long Room Hub
- Ms Helen Shenton, Librarian
Heads of Schools
- Professor David Ditchburn, School of Histories & Humanities
- Professor Aileen Douglas, School of English
- Prefessor Martine Smith, School of Linguistic, Speech and Communication Science
- Professor Juergen Brakhoff, School of Languages, Literatures and Cultural Studies
- Professor Oran Doyle, School of Law
- Dr Caitriona Curtis, Institute Manager