Entry Requirements & How to Apply
NOTE: The MSc. in Disability Studies will NOT run in 2018-2019
This M.Sc. in Disability Studies is aimed at those with a strong interest in disability issues including:
- Graduates from relevant disciplines (e.g., Social Sciences, Health Sciences, Humanities, Education, Deaf studies, Law, and Psychology)
- Experts in disability issues (e.g., disability activists, members of disabled people’s organisations and advocacy organisations, family members, disability service providers)
- Professionals in services (e.g., Early Interventionists, Occupational Therapists, Psychologists, Nurses, Speech and Language Therapists, and Teachers)
- Policy makers
- Government officials
The M.Sc. in Disability Studies offers admission to full-time (TRT69) and part-time (TRT79) students. EU and Non-EU applicants are required to hold at least an upper second class honours degree in a relevant area (e.g., Social Sciences, Health Sciences, Humanities, Education, Deaf studies, Law, and Psychology). Applications are taken on a yearly basis from January to June.
For applicants whose first language is not English and who have not been educated through the medium of English please check English language requirements for international students.
English for Academic Purposes: For students admitted into the M.Sc. in Disabilities Studies programme, an intensive pre-sessional course and an-insessional course in English for Academic Purposes are available at the Centre for English Language Learning and Teaching.
Applications for 2017-2018 are open until 31st May 2017. All applications should be submitted online.
- Application Form
- 2 Reference Letters (at least one academic)
- Statement of purpose addressing the following (1,000 words):
- Your interest in the MSc in Disability Studies at TCD
- A research topic in the area of disability you would like to examine in your dissertation
- How the programme fits your career development
- Official Transcripts - This includes undergraduate transcripts and graduate transcripts if applicable.
- Curriculum Vitae
Successful applicants will be invited for an interview.
Full-time M.Sc. in Disability Studies (DPTSW-DISS-1F09)
Part-time M.Sc. in Disability Studies (DPTSW-DISS-1P09)
For any questions with the online application process please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.