Application for admission (except where otherwise stated) should be made to the Central Applications Office. Applications may be submitted online: www.cao.ie
- Normal application deadline: 1 February
- Late application deadline: 1 May
- Change of mind deadline: 1 July
Note that applications to Medicine, to restricted entry courses, and by mature students must be made by 1 February. Applications to Medicine must be submitted online.
Application deadline details for 2016
- Closing date for registration for the HPAT-Ireland test for entry to Medicine.
- Final date for CAO online discounted application fee.
- Normal closing date for CAO.
- Applications to restricted entry courses and applications from mature students must be made to the CAO by this date.
- Closing date for submission of mature-students supplementary application forms (for all full-time courses except Nursing or Midwifery).
- DARE and HEAR applicants must have applied to CAO.
- Applications from non-EU students wishing to pursue a full degree should be submitted to the Undergraduate Admissions Team, Academic Registry, Trinity College, Dublin 2, Ireland.
- Date of HPAT-Ireland test for entry to Medicine
- Closing date for applications to sit the University matriculation examination.
- DARE applicants must have disclosed their disabilities and/or specific learning difficulties in their CAO applications, and fully and correctly complete Section A of the Supplementary Information Form.
- HEAR applicants must have applied to HEAR and finalised all elements of their HEAR online application.
- Applications from EU and non-EU students wishing to study as a visiting student for up to one academic year should be submitted online.
- DARE applicants must have completed and returned sections B and C of the Supplementary Information Form.
- HEAR applicants must have submitted relevant evidence in support of their application to CAO.
- Provisional date for Music and Music education entrance examination.
- Late Closing Date for CAO (Note: Late applications to restricted entry courses, and late applications from mature students will not be considered).
- Closing date for submission of a 'Change of Mind' (i.e. changes to the order of preference of the courses on your application) to CAO.
- Closing date for receipt of applications for the Reid Entrance Exhibition.
Receiving & Accepting an Offer
Offers to all successful EU applicants (school leavers) are made through the CAO in August following the publication of Leaving Certificate and GCE A-Level results.
The University does not make conditional offers prior to the publication of examination results. However, the level at which entry was granted in the previous year may give an indication of the level of achievement required (see the Minimum Entry Points for the previous year). Applicants are advised that the competitive entry level may fluctuate from year to year.
Offers to successful mature student applicants and to candidates who have deferred entry from the previous year will be issued by CAO in early July.
Accepting an offer (all applicants)
Applicants who wish to accept an offer of a place must return a formal acceptance notice to CAO, either on-line or in hard copy, within the specified time period. If an acceptance is not returned in time the offer will lapse.
Please note that if an applicant does not follow the instructions in full, the right is reserved to cancel the offer.
All enquiries from EU applicants concerning undergraduate admission should be addressed to:
The Academic Registry, Watts Building, Trinity College, Dublin 2
Tel: + 353 1 896 4500