Visiting and Exchange Students
Many of the modules taught by the Centre for Language and Communication Studies (CLCS) may be taken by visiting and exchange students.
Note: In order to apply for any of our modules you must first register as a Visiting/Exchange student at Trinity College. Information about how to become a Visiting/Exchange student at Trinity College may be found on Trinity's International Students pages.
Please note that Broad Curriculum linguistic modules should be applied for online on the Broad Curriculum web page
- CLCS Visiting Students Handbook (2016-2017) (PDF) (lists and describes available CLCS modules)
- CLCS Visiting Students' Module Timetable (PDF)
- CLCS Visiting and Exchange Student Application Form (PDF). NB: Bring your completed application form with you when you meet the CLCS Visiting Students Coordinator (see below)
- Undergraduate modules: Reading Week (no undergraduate lectures) is in week 7 (MT 7-11 November 2016, HT 27 Feb - 3 March 2017)
- Postgraduate modules: Reading Week is in week 12 (MT 12-16 December 2016; HT 3-7 April 2017)
At the beginning of the academic year, all visiting and exchange students who wish to register for CLCS course modules must meet with the Visiting Student Coordinator Prof. Breffni O'Rourke (email@example.com).
- Please be sure to fill in the CLCS Visiting and Exchange Student Application Form before meeting with the Co-ordinator. The form can be downloaded above or obtained from the CLCS Office, Room 4091, Arts Building.
- In order to meet with Prof. O'Rourke to finalise choices and enroll in modules (subject to availability of places and timetabling constraints), go to Room 3041 in the Arts Building
during the following times:
- Michaelmas Term:
- Tuesday 20 September 2016, 11.00 am to 1.00 pm
- Wednesday 21 September 2016, 11.00 am to 1.00 pm
- Thursday 22 September 2016, 11.00 am to 1.00 pm
- Hilary Term:
- Tuesday 17 January 2017, 10.00 am to 11.00 am
- Wednesday 18 January 2017, 2.00 pm to 3.00 pm
- Michaelmas Term:
- Return your completed Academic Registry Modules Form to the Academic Registry.
(ONLY if you cannot attend at those times, contact Prof. O'Rourke (email above) to arrange an alternative time.)
- Prof. Breffni O'Rourke (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Room 3041, Arts Building
- Times: Thursday 2.00 pm - 4.00 pm