Address: Department of Clinical Speech and Language Studies, School of Linguistic, Speech and Communication Sciences.
- Stuttering: therapy outcomes and measures.
- Narrative Therapy and its application to stuttering for adults and children who stutter
- Outcome measures in Stuttering: examining narratives of people who stutter
Leahy, M., O’Dwyer, M., & Ryan, F. (2012). Witnessing stories: Definitional Ceremonies in Narrative Therapy with adults who stutter. Journal of Fluency Disorders, 37(0), 234-241. doi: 10.1016/j.jfludis.2012.03.001
- European Symposium in fluency Disorders, Antwerp 2014 : Using Narrative Practices to develop preferred stories about stuttering (O Dwyer, M, Ryan, F and MM Leahy)
- ASHA (American Speech and Hearing Association) October 2013; separating the problem and the person: Narrative Therapy with PWS (People who stutter). Leahy, MM, O Dwyer, M and Ryan, F.
- Conference: A Narrative Future for Health care: King’s College London July 2013.Narrative Practice with People who stutter; Leahy, MM, O Dwyer, M and Ryan, F.
- Oxford Dysfluency Congress, 2011: Witnessing Stories: A workshop on using definitional ceremonies from narrative therapy when working with people who stutter. Leahy, M, O Dwyer, M and Ryan, F.
- World Congress of Fluency Disorders, July 2012: Changing Stories of Stuttering using Narrative Therapy and art. Ryan, O Dwyer, M, and Leahy, MM.