5th AILA-Europe Junior Research Meeting in Applied Linguistics
- Registration fees include conference pack, programme and refreshments during conference breaks.
- The conference dinner will be held at the Quay 16 restaurant aboard the MV Cill Airne, moored on the River Liffey in the heart of Dublin’s Docklands. An additional fee is payable.
- Early bird registration has now closed. Late registration is possible, please email JRM2013@tcd.ie before April 30th.
- Late registration fees:
- Day rate, €35
- IRAAL member conference rate without dinner €35
- IRAAL member conference rate with dinner €62
- Student rate without dinner, €57
- Student rate with dinner, €84
- Standard rate without dinner, €94
- Standard rate with dinner, €121
There are no visa requirements for European Union passport holders to enter Ireland. All foreign citizens entering Ireland must be in possession of a valid passport. Non-EU citizens should contact their local embassies for specific requirements. Further information can be obtained from the Irish Department of Foreign Affairs website (www.dfa.ie/home/index.aspx?id=8605). Participants requiring a visa are strongly advised to commence the application process well in advance and allow at least eight weeks for the application to be processed if applying from abroad. All citizens of non-EU countries, whether they require a visa or not, are subject to immigration control at the point of entry to Ireland.
The JRM2013 Organizing Committee cannot accept any responsibility for visa applications. Where a conference presenter or participant is unable to attend because of failure to obtain a visa, the registration fee will be refunded, subject to a cancellation policy.
Visit www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Short%20Stay%20Business,%20Conference%20or%20Performance#Conference_Visa for details regarding the requirements from prospective conference participants. Please note the following:
- Please email JRM2013@tcd.ie for a letter of invitation if you need to apply for a visa. This letter can only be provided to delegates who have registered for the conference and have paid their registration fee.
- All letters submitted as part of your visa application should be on official headed paper and give your full contact details for verification purposes. Please note that the contact details must include a landline telephone number and that email address such as Yahoo or Hotmail are not accepted
- You will need a letter from your employer or home university confirming that you are undertaking this trip on academic business, with specific dates, and outlining who will be responsible for the costs of the trip – including travel, accommodation and subsistence. Please note that the JRM2013 Organizing Committee offers no financial assistance in any way, and that the costs of the trip must be met in full by participants.