Philip Lane, Whately Professor of Political Economy considers the Euro Area Crisis
The School of Social Sciences and Philosophy's public events programme, organised by The Policy Institute, plays a key role in enabling the public to engage with the School and its work, and in ensuring that leading academics and policy makers from around the world are publicly accessible.
The Institute's programme of activities includes public lectures by leading academics in the School and events which are organised by the individual departments withinin the School - Economics, Political Science, Philosophy and Sociology.
Lectures are open to the public and there is not charge to attend.
School of Social Sciences and Philosophy Academic Lectures
- 4 June 2013, 6.15 - 7.30 pm - 'Women in Politics' Public Lecture'
- May 3, 2013 - Professor Brian Burdekin
- April 25, 2013- 'Insiders or Outsiders: Do Young People Have a Future in Ireland?'
- April 3, 2013 - Professor Noam Chomsky
- September 27, 2012 - Philip Lane, Whately Professor of Political Economy and Head of Economics Department, TCD
- May 10, 2012 - Antti Kauppinen, Lecturer in Philosophy, TCD
- May 1, 2012 - Michael Marsh, Professor of Comparative Political Behaviour and Dean of the Faculty of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences, TCD
- April 17, 2012 - James Wickham, Professor of Sociology and Head of the School of Social Sciences and Philosophy, TCD
- March 13, 2012 - Philip Lane, Professor of International Macroeconomics and Head of Economics Department, TCD