Organising study and revision
Sometimes it's hard to figure out how to organise your study and revision: what to do, when to do it, how muchtime you should spend on a subject.
We think you will find these resources helpful in your Leaving Cert year. Read our presentation on Planning, Procrastination and Setting up a study environment
Planning and keeping track of your revision
The best resource we have found for doing this is provided by Skoool.ie. These are extremely detailed planning checklists so that you can be sure to revise every area of your subject. Read our step by step instructions to make this work for you.
1. Download subject checklists from Skoool.ie. In the top right hand of the page is a 'Print this page' option.
2. File these checklists in a ringbinder or A4 lever arch file together with your notes. Put them at the front.
3. Decide which units from the checklist you will work on for the week.
4. Copy this information into a blank study timetable on your homework diary so you know exactly what day you are going to be studying a unit.
5. If you have the checklist open in the web page, clicking on each of the units or topics will open revision notes for each topic. You can listen to these by using a screenreader, or by turning them into an mp3 file
- Revision Toolkit
- SMART guide to Leaving Cert study
- Study Block Template.docx
- Study Plan.docx
- Quick Relaxation.rtf
- Timetabling Tips.docx
- Useful study links
You may also find the following podcasts useful http://www.tcd.ie/disability/services/ Unilink/Resources.php