Online Postgraduate Diploma in Advanced Radiotherapy Practice
The postgraduate diploma consists of 6 online modules over a period of 12 months:
- Imaging for advanced radiotherapy practice (10ECTs) (PDF 163 kB)
- Delineation for radiotherapy planning (10 ECTs) (PDF 161 kB)
- Advances in radiation therapy (10ECTs) (PDF 165 kB)
- Research Methods (10ECTs) (PDF 162 kB)
- Health Services Management (10ECTs) (PDF 163 kB)
- Radiobiological principles and practice (10ECTs) (PDF 163 kB)
On successful completion of this Diploma students should be able to:
- Identify radiological anatomy and critically appraise the optimal imaging for radiation therapy, from diagnosis to on-treatment verification
- Critically appraise the relevance and application of the principles of target volume delineation and demonstrate proficiency in target volume and organs at risk delineation
- Anticipate, recognise and appropriately manage site specific treatment-related toxicities
- Use evidence-based medicine to underpin their radiation therapy practice and devise and plan research in the field of radiation therapy
- Critically examine healthcare management processes and their application in oncology
- Critically appraise the biological consequences of ionising radiation exposure and its potential in cancer treatment
On successful completion of this Diploma, students may choose to register for a top up year and complete a Research Dissertation module towards the award of a Postgraduate MSc.
Up-to-date information about course fees can be found at the Academic Registry.
For full details on how to apply please contact email@example.com or call us on (01) 896 3234.