Irish and Celtic Languages
Clíona Ní Shúilleabháin
Office Location: Fourth Floor, Ussher Library
Telephone: +353 1 8962985
Subject Librarian Recommends...
- Databases for Irish (TCD subscription databases and some FREE databases)
- TCD (ejournal, e-book) general databases for Languages, Literatures and Cultural Studies
- List of 350+ TCD subscription databases (journals and e-books)
- Articles are collected in Journals,
- Journals are collected in Databases,
- Databases may be collected onto Platforms.
- an Article
- a Journal
- a Database
- a Platform, (in the case of large platforms, such as ProQuest and EbscoHost, holding many Databases).
- an Ebook.
- a chapter of an EBook.
- EBSCOHost platform (30+ individual databases; can be cross-searched)
- ProQuest platform (c23 individual databases; can be cross-searched).
- Academic Search Complete (on EBSCOhost)
- Irish newspaper archives
- LLBA (Linguistics and Language Behavior Abstracts (on ProQuest)
- MLA International Bibliography (on ProQuest and Chadwyck Healey):
- MLA supplies bibliographic details only. It links through to TCD Library's subscription full text online resources where the articles are available in one of TCD Library's full text databases.
- Project MUSE
- TCD Library provides access to Project MUSE EJournals, not to the EBooks. Sometimes, access may be opened up by Project Muse to samples of EBooks, but we do not automatically have access.
- OmniFile Full-Text Mega (H.W. Wilson on EBSCOhost)
- Web of Science
- ACLS Humanities E-Book
- MyiLibrary, now ProQuest Ebook Central . Books published by a variety of publishers in a number of subject areas, available to browse and search.
- Open Book Publishers
- Subject: Literature, Language and Culture (53 titles) within this collection of (currently) 108 books. The Library membership includes free access to the Yeats Annual (scholarly journal), published by OBP in association with the Institute of English Studies, University of London.
- Oxford Reference Online
- A collection of (currently) 240+ books
- Full text of the EBook: The Concise Oxford Companion to Irish Literature
- Bunachar Logainmneacha na hÉireann
- iris phiarmheasta, leictreonach, acadúil do Léann na Nua-Ghaeilge = peer-reviewed academic electronic journal for the study of Modern Irish.
- ISOS: Irish Script On Screen
(Scoil an Léinn Cheiltigh)
- [Palaeography] For larger, clearer images of manuscripts, register (for free) with this site.
- Léamh: Learn Early Modern Irish
- Bunachar Logainmneacha na hÉireann = Placenames Database of Ireland
- Monasticon Hibernicum
- Early Christian Ecclesiastical Settlement in Ireland 5th to 12th Centuries
- Playography na Gaeilge (all new plays written and produced in the Irish language since 1901)
- Portráidí na Scríbhneoirí Gaeilge = Portraits of Irish-Language Writers
- Pota Focal
- Bailiúchán foclóirí agus gluaiseanna Gaeilge é Pota Focal a cuireadh le chéile as na foinsí seo a leanas = Pota Focal is a collection of Irish dictionaries built from the following sources: Gluais Tí = House Glossary, Irishionary.com, Beo!, Líonra Séimeantach na Gaeilge = Irish Semantic Network, Nua-Chorpas na hÉireann = New Corpus for Ireland
- Is é seo an Bunachar Náisiúnta Téarmaíochta don Ghaeilge, arna fhorbairt ag Fiontar, DCU i gcomhar leis an gCoiste Téarmaíochta, Foras na Gaeilge. This is the National Terminology Database for Irish, developed by Fiontar, DCU in collaboration with An Coiste Téarmaíochta, Foras na Gaeilge.
The Library system, Stella, can help you find, (by its title):
The Library system, Stella, will not find:
The Library system can help you find EBooks by the book's Title, by EBook Database Title (e.g. ACLS) or, in the case of large EBook vendor aggregators, such as ProQuest Ebook Central, (formerly MyiLibrary), by platform.