Clíona Ní Shúilleabháin
From October 2016 - September 2017
School of Creative Arts formerly the School of Drama, Film and Music
Subject Librarian Recommends...
Most Useful Databases (provided by the Library)
- Academic Search Complete
- Drama Online
- Film Index International
- Index to Theses
- LexisNexis News and Business
- MLA International Bibliography
- Popular Culture in Britain and America, 1950-1975: rock and roll, counterculture, peace and protest.
- Project MUSE
- ProQuest Dissertations and Theses (PQDT) (was Dissertation Abstracts)
- ProQuest [historical] News and Newspapers, including the New York Times, Irish Times, Chicago Defender, The Guardian, The Observer.
- Guide to web resources in film studies from the University of Indiana
- IFI Player:
[Irish] home movies, newsreels, travelogues, animations, feature films, public information films and documentaries. Amateur and professional production.
Information and networking site for independent-minded filmmakers, the industry and moviegoers (launched July 1996).
- IndieWire screenplays.
IndieWire supplies a selection of screenplays each year which can be downloaded for free. This year's list includes "The Girl on the Train" by Erin Cressida Wilson, "Hail, Caesar!" (Joel and Ethan Coen) and "Sing Street", screenplay by John Carney (courtesy of The Weinstein Company). These scripts are for educational purposes only.
- Irish Film & TV Research Online (School of Drama, Film and Music, Trinity College Dublin)
- Irish Film & Television Index;
- Irish Film & Television Biographies; and
- Irish Film & Television Bibliography;
- and the Irish Postgraduate Film Research Seminar, an annual conference of film studies' postgraduate students based in Ireland or engaged in researching Irish material elsewhere.
- Khan Academy partner content: Pixar in a box
Pixar in a Box is a behind-the-scenes look at how Pixar artists do their jobs. You will be able to animate bouncing balls, build a swarm of robots, and make virtual fireworks explode.
This collaboration between Pixar Animation Studios and Khan Academy is sponsored by Disney.
A website designed to bring together the wide diversity of research material relating to Irish-made cinema and television as well as to Irish-themed audio-visual representations produced outside of Ireland.
It incorporates three searchable databases:
Find a book, thesis or journal title in the Library
- How to find a book. 1. Video (2:28 mns); 2. Online tutorial
- How to find a journal by title. Use the 'Journal's tab over the Stella search box on the Library's main page.
- Finding Theses. 1. Information on theses; 2.Online tutorial
- Borrowing and renewing
- More Library Online tutorials
Find online Articles and Databases in the Library system
- Specific databases for Drama
- Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences databases including Drama
- Large General Subject Databases
- Back to Subjects Home
Find films on DVD in the Library
- What do we have? Read this article on the Library's DVD collection in TCD University Times 2016/2017.
- Find a film. Search by title in Stella, Refine by (on the left hand side): Library Catalogue Only and Refine by: Format: DVD/Video.
- Visit the shelves in the Ussher (1st floor, beside the Drama and Film Studies books, 790s section) where all the DVDs are held together.
- If the DVD you want to watch can't be borrowed and you don't have a device with a suitable drive, there is a viewing room on the 2nd floor of the Ussher, called the Music Listening Room.
Please let the Subject Librarian know if TCD has access to other relevant databases and resources which are not being found using these searches.
Find a book, thesis or article NOT held in the Library of Trinity College Dublin
Plagiarism and Citation
Download presentations, training material, handouts.
- Essential Library Skills for Film Studies (tailored for M.Phil. students, but of benefit to all)