Titlepage of A Discoverie of the State of Ireland... by Sir John Davies, [London], 1613. Y.i.41
The quantity of the material relating to politics in Northwestern Europe is immense. There are massive strengths in Irish, British, Dutch and French works.
Irish and British
- Excellent holdings of pamphlets in the collections given by Bishop Stearne, Claudius Gilbert, and in the Crofton Collection
- 19th-century material is found in the Larcom pamphlets and Bushe collection, as well as in the general catalogue
- The English Civil war is well represented in a collection which may have belonged to the crooked judge Jerome Alexander, and also in the Gilbert Collection
- A very good collection of pamphlets relating to the politics of the 1670s and 1680 is contained in the Gilbert Collection
- 18th-century political works including memoirs and pamphlets are present in quantity
- The Journals of Parliament in Ireland and Great Britain provide a formal record of political business
- Holdings of French politics cover from the 16th to the mid 19th century
- A fine range of Mazarinades is contained in the Gilbert and Fagel Collections
- Holdings on the Revolution amount to about 13,000 items
- Trinity College has one of the most comprehensive collections in existence on Dutch politics.
- This collection, the Fagel Collection, contains thousands of works relating to the politics of the Netherlands from the revolt against Spain in 1567 to the end of the 18th century