Databases and E-Books
A-Z by Title
Off Campus Access?
- Off campus access is available to TCD-registered users. If you are having difficulties connecting off campus, please check you have followed the correct steps. You can find these at 'Connecting to Resources Off Campus' on our Off Campus Access page.
- Electronic Legal Deposit (UK) or eLD (UK), (non-subscription) material is NOT available off-campus. eLD (UK) is available on library-owned PCs, in Library reading rooms, ONLY. The link text in the catalogue record is: "Available on Library reading room PCs only. Click here for access."
- ATHENS. The Library does not use the Athens system to provide access to e-journals and databases.
There are EndNote support pages on the Library website.
Blackboard (for TCD Staff)
Linking to Electronic Resources from Blackboard. Please do not insert PDFs of articles directly into Blackboard as this may be a breach of copyright/licence agreements.
- Abbreviationes Online - Medieval Abbreviations on the Web
- ABI/Inform Global
- Academic Search Complete
- Acland's Video Atlas of Human Anatomy
- ACLS Humanities E-Book
- ACM Digital Library
- Amadeus (BvD) SEE Orbis Europe
- AMED (Allied and Complementary Medicine)
- American Chemical Society Journals
- American Film Institute Catalogue
- American Geophysical Union Journals
- American Historical Association Directory of History Journals
- American Institute of Physics Journals
- American Physical Society Journals
- American Society of Civil Engineers Journals
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers [ASME] Digital Collection
- L'Année Philologique
- Annual Reviews (Biomedical and Physical Sciences)
- Archaeological Survey Database (NMS)
- Archive of Celtic-Latin Literature
- Archives Unbound [Gale]
- AREAER (IMF Annual Report on Exchange Arrangements and Exchange Restrictions)
- Aristoteles Latines Database
- Art Index
- Artemis [GALE, 18th, 19th century databases, cross-search]
- ASSIA: Applied Social Science Index and Abstracts
- Astronomical Almanac Online
- ATLA Religion Database with ATLASerials
- Australian Education Index (ProQuest)
- Autrement Mêmes Collection (L'Harmathèque)
- BAILII (British and Irish Legal Information Institute)
- Balance of Payments Statistics (IMF BOPS)
- BDSL Online
- BHI: British Humanities Index
- Biblical Archaelogy Society Online Archive
- Bibliography of British and Irish History
- Bibliography of the History of Art SEE International Bibliography of Art
- Biblioteca Virtual Miguel de Cervantes (BVMC)
- Biography Index
- BioMed Central
- BMJ Journals Online
- Book Review Digest
- Books in print, global edition
- Brepolis Latin Complete
- Britannica Academic (formerly Britannica Online Academic Edition; and Encyclopaedia Britannica)
- British and Irish Women's Letters and Diaries
- British Biographical Archive Online
- British Education Index (EBSCO)
- British History Online
- British National Formulary (BNF)
- British Nursing Index and Archive
- British Periodicals
- British Pharmacopoeia
- British Standards Online
- Bunachar Logainmneacha na hÉireann = Placenames Database of Ireland SEE logainm.ie
- Business Source Complete
- Cambridge Journals formerly Cambridge Journals Online
- Campbell Library
- Cardiff Index to Legal Abbreviations
- Census of Ireland 1901
- Census of Ireland 1911
- CEPR Discussion Paper Series
- CERL : Heritage of the Printed Book Database
- Changed Utterly
- Chicago Defender (1909-1975) SEE ProQuest Historical Newspapers: Chicago Defender (1909-1975)
- Chicago Manual of Style Online
- Childlink (includes NSCPH)
- Chinese Newspapers Collection (1832-1953) SEE ProQuest Historical Newspapers: Chinese Newspapers Collection (1832-1953)
- CINAHL Complete*New
- CIRCLE : a calendar of Irish Chancery Letters
- Cochrane Library
- Concert programmes (held in European institutions)
- Construction Information Service
- Courts Service Judgements
- Crossfire Beilstein and Gmelin superseded by Reaxys
- DART-Europe E-theses Portal
- Database of Latin Dictionaries
- Datastream Advance
- Designinform now Arts:Search
- Dictionary of Irish Biography
- Dictionary of Old English: A to H Online
- Dictionary of Old English Web Corpus
- Dictionary of the Irish Language
- Digital National Security Archive: China and the United States: From Hostility to Engagement, 1960-1998 (China and the U.S.)
- Digital National Security Archive: U.S. Intelligence and China: Collection, Analysis, and Covert Action (China and the U.S.)
- Direction of Trade Statistics (IMF DOTS)
- Directgov (UK) SEE GOV.UK
- Dissertation Abstracts superseded by ProQuest Dissertations and Theses (PQDT) superseded by ProQuest Dissertations & Theses A&I
- Doctoral Dissertations in Musicology
- Documents on British Policy Overseas
- Documents on Irish Foreign Policy
- The Down Survey of Ireland
- Drama Online
- Drug Information Fulltext (DIFT)
- Dublin Castle Records 1798-1926
- Dublin Music Trade
- Early English Books Online (EEBO)
- Early English Books Online - TCP
- Early Music Online
- EBSCOhost (platform of 30+ databases, all have individual entries in Library system)
- EBSCO eBook Nursing Collection
- EconLit with Full Text
- Economic and Social Data Service
- Economist Historical Archive
- eDIL (electronic Dictionary of the Irish Language)
- Eighteeth Century Collections Online (ECCO)
- Eighteenth Century Collection Online – TCP
- Eighteenth Century Journals [Sections I and II] (Adam Matthew)
- Electronic Enlightenment
- Empire Online (Adam Matthew)
- Encyclopaedia Britannica SEE Britannica Online Academic Edition
- Encyclopedia of Islam
- Encyclopedia of the Bible and Its Reception (EBR) Online
- Engineering Village 2
- English Novel, 1830-1836
- English Short Title Catalogue
- ERIC (on ProQuest platform)
- ERIC (International) SEE Australian Education Index
- ERIC (Free Edition)
- Essential Science Indicators
- Europa: Gateway to the European Union
- European Court of Auditors (Special reports)
- European Pharmacopoeia SEE British Pharmacopoeia
- FIAF International Index to Film Periodicals Plus (FIAFFT)
- Film Index International
- Film Indexes Online (FIO)
- Financial Times (FT.com)
- Financial Times Historical Archive
- Fontes Anglo-Saxonici
- Foreign and International Law Resources Database (HeinOnline)
- GeoScience World
- Global Books in Print SEE Books in print
- Global Market Information Database (GMID) SEE Passport
- Global Plants [JSTOR]
- Globe on Screen [Drama Online]
- Gnomon Online
- Goodman Manuscripts
- Google Scholar
- Gothic Past
- Government Finance Statistics (IMF GFS)
- Grove Dictionary of Art SEE Oxford Art Online
- Guardian/Observer Historical Archive, SEE ProQuest Historical Newspapers: The Guardian (1821-2003) and The Observer (1791-2003)
- Hamlet the Film [Drama Online] (Genesius Pictures)
- L'Harmathèque SEE Autrement Mêmes Collection
- Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition (EBSCO)
- Henry Stewart Talks - Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Heritage of the Printed Book Database (HPB), formerly, Hand Press Book Database SEE CERL : Heritage of the Printed Book Database
- Historical Abstracts
- House of Commons Parliamentary Papers
- Hungarian Reformation - Primary Sources
- i2i Solutions SEE SAI Global i2i platform
- IEEE Xplore digital library (was IEEE Electronic Library: IEL)
- Index Islamicus
- Index of Christian Art
- Index to Foreign Legal Periodicals
- Index to Irish Theses SEE ProQuest Dissertations & Theses: UK & Ireland
- Index to Theses SEE ProQuest Dissertations & Theses: A & I
- India, Raj and Empire (Adam Matthew)
- Infectious Diseases at the Worth Library
- Institute of Physics Electronic Journals
- International Bibliography of Art
- International Civil Engineering Abstracts, content now in Emerald
- International Courts of General Jurisdiction (Oxford Reports on International Law)
- International Criminal Law (Oxford Reports on International Law)
- International Eric (AUEI and BREI) SEE Australian Education Index or British Education Index
- Irish Film & TV Research Online
- International Financial Statistics (IMF IFS)
- International Human Rights Law (Oxford Reports on International Law)
- International Index to Music Periodicals (IIMP) SEE Music Periodicals Database
- International Investment Claims
- International Law in Domestic Courts (Oxford Reports on International Law)
- International Law Reports (on Justis database)
- International Medieval Bibliography
- International Monetary Fund E-Library Complete (IMF eLibrary Complete)
- International Pharmaceutical Abstracts
- International Statistical Yearbook
- Inter-University Consortium for Political and Social Research (ICPSR)
- Irish Bibliography of Press History
- Irish Book Search, formerly, Irish Books in Print
- Irish History Online
- Irish Newspaper Archives
- Irish Origins
- Irish Patents Office
- Irish Property Law
- Irish Reports and Digests
- Irish Statute Book
- Irish Script on Screen (ISOS)
- Irish Times Archive SEE
Irish Times (Current)
ProQuest Historical Newspapers: The Irish Times (1859-2012) and The Weekly Irish Times (1876-1958)
- Irish Women Poets of the Romantic Period
- IRLII (Irish Legal Information Initiative)
- L.A. Theatre Works [Drama Online]
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Lenus: the Irish Health Repository
- LexisNexis Legal
- LexisNexis News and Business
- Library of Latin Texts
- Life Histories Archive
- LION (LIterature ONline)
- LWW Nursing and Health Professions Premier Collection
- Literary Encyclopedia
- LLBA (Linguistics and Language Behavior Abstracts)
- Loeb Classical Library
- Macmillan Cabinet Papers, 1957-1963 (Adam Matthew)
- Making of Modern Law
- Marine Institute Open Access Repository
- Maternity and Infant Care (MIDIRS Online)
- MCIB reports
- MEDLINE (EBSCO)
- MEDLINE (OVID)
- MEDLINE (PubMed) SEE PubMed
- Medieval and Early Modern Sources
- Medieval Encyclopaedias (Brepolis)
- Merck Index Online
- MICROMEDEX Healthcare Series
- MIDIRS Informed Choice
- MLA International Bibliography
- Monasticon Hibernicum Project
- Monumenta Germaniae Historica
- Music at the Abbey Theatre
- Music Periodicals Database
- National Documentation Centre on Drug Use
- National Standards Authority of Ireland (NSAI) on SAI Global i2i platform
- Nature Journals
- NBER Working Papers
- New Jacoby
- New Pauly
- New York Times with Index (1851-1993) SEE ProQuest Historical Newspapers: The New York Times with Index (1851-1993)
- Nick Hern Books SEE NHB Modern Plays (Nick Hern Books) [Drama Online]
- NHB Modern Plays (Nick Hern Books) [Drama Online]
- Nielsen BookData
- Nineteenth Century British Library Newspapers
- Nineteenth Century Short Title Catalogue
- Nineteenth Century U.S. Newspapers
- Northern Ireland: a divided community
- Northern Ireland Assembly
- Nursing and Allied Health Source (superseded Nursing Journals) superseded by ProQuest Nursing & Allied Health Source
- Observer formerly Guardian/Observer Historical Archive, SEE ProQuest Historical Newspapers: The Guardian (1821-2003) and The Observer (1791-2003)
- OECD iLibrary supersedes SourceOECD
- Official Publications Online (TSO OPO)
- Oireachtas Library & Research Service OPAC
- OmniFile Full Text Mega (H.W. Wilson) SEE Wilson OmniFile
- Open Book Publishers (Cambridge) see details
- Optics InfoBase
- Orbis Europe
- Oxford Art Online
- Oxford Classical Dictionary on Oxford Reference Online
- Oxford Bibliographies Online
- Oxford Dictionaries Premium formerly Oxford Dictionaries: language matters
- Oxford Dictionary of National Biography
- Oxford Encyclopedia of Ancient Greece and Rome on Oxford Reference Online
- Oxford English Dictionary
- Oxford History of Western Music
- Oxford Journals Online
- Oxford Music Online
- Oxford Reference Online
- Oxford Reports on International Law
- Ovid journals SEE LWW Nursing and Health Professions Premier Collection
- PADDI (Planning Architecture Design Database Ireland)
- Palmer's Index to the Times
- Parliament Rolls of Medieval England
- Passport formerly Passport (GMID)
- Past Masters
- Patrologia Latina
- Peace process: layers of meaning
- Philosopher's Index
- Philip C. Jessup Library
- Pion Environment and Planning Journals
- POIESIS: Philosophy Online Serials
- Popular Culture in Britain and America, 1950-1975: rock and roll, counterculture, peace and protest
- Pota Focal
- Political, Economic, and Military Conditions in China: Reports and Correspondence of the U.S. Military Intelligence Division, 1918-1941
- Project Euclid Prime Journal Collection
- Project MUSE
- ProQuest (platform of 23 databases, all have individual entries in Library system)
- ProQuest Dissertations & Theses A&I [Index to Theses] supersedes ProQuest Dissertations and Theses (PQDT)
- ProQuest Dissertations & Theses: UK & Ireland formerly Index to Irish Theses
- ProQuest Historical Newspapers: Chicago Defender (1909-1975)
- ProQuest Historical Newspapers: Chinese Newspapers Collection (1832-1953)
- ProQuest Historical Newspapers: The Guardian (1821-2003) and The Observer (1791-2003) supersedes Guardian/Observer Historical Archive
- ProQuest Historical Newspapers: The Irish Times (1859-2012) and The Weekly Irish Times (1876-1958) supersedes Irish Times Archive
- ProQuest Historical Newspapers: The New York Times with Index (1851-1993)
- ProQuest Historical Newspapers: The Times of India (1838-2003)
- Readers' Guide to Periodical Literature
- Reaxys supersedes Crossfire Beilstein and Gmelin
- RILM Abstracts of Music Literature
- Rodenburg : Shakespeare in the present (Shakespeare and Early Modern Video Collection) [Drama Online]
- Routledge Encyclopedia of Philosophy
- Royal Historical Soc Bibliography supserseded by Bibliography of British and Irish History
- Royal Marsden Manual Online
- Royal Society of Chemistry E-Book Collection
- Royal Society of Chemistry Journals
- Safari Books Online
- SAFER-Data (Secure Archive For Environmentail Research Data)
- Sage Journals Online
- SAI Global i2i platform
- Samuel Beckett Digital Manuscript Project
- SciFinder Scholar
- Scottish Women Poets of the Romantic Period
- Seventeenth and Eighteenth Century Burney Collection
- Shakespeare's Globe on Screen Film Collection SEE Globe on Screen [Drama Online]
- Shakespeare in the present SEE Rodenburg [Drama Online]
- SIAM Journals
- Slavery in America and the World: History, Culture and Law (Free database but users must register here to access database)
- SMI Music Theses Register
- Social Sciences Index
- Social Services Abstracts
- Sociological Abstracts
- SourceOECD superseded by OECD iLibrary
- Sources: a National Library of Ireland Database for Irish Research
- Stage on Screen [Drama Online] (Shakespeare and Early Modern Video Collection)
- Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy
- State Papers Online : the Government of Britain
- Stormont Papers
- Synthesis (Morgan & Claypool)
- Taylor and Francis Journals
- Teachers TV
- The Stationery Office Official Publications Online SEE Official Publications Online (TSO OPO)
- The Times Digital Archive
- The Times Literary Supplement (TLS) Historical Archive
- Thesaurus Linguae Graecae
- Thesaurus Linguae Hibernicae see details
- Times of India SEE ProQuest Historical Newspapers: The Times of India (1838-2003)
- Translated Texts for Historians (TTH) - E-Library
- TSO OP SEE
- UK Official Publications (UKOP)
- TSO OPO SEE Official Publications Online (TSO OPO)
- Trinity news archive
- Ubidictionary (Zanichelli)
- UK Government Web Archive
- UK Official Publications (UKOP)
- UK Parliament website: Publications and Records (Westminster Parliament publications)
- Ulrichsweb Global Serials Directory (formerly Ulrich's Periodicals Directory)
- Unreported Judgements
- Waterloo Directory of English Newspapers and Periodicals, 1800-1900
- Web of Science (all databases) formerly Web of Knowledge
- Web of Science Core Collection formerly Web of Science
- Wellesley Index to Victorian Periodicals, 1824-1900
- Westlaw IE
- Westlaw UK
- Wiley Online Library (formerly Wiley InterScience)
- Wilson OmniFile ALSO OmniFile Full Text Mega (H.W. Wilson)
- Women Writers Online
- World Development Indicators Online
- Worldwide Political Science Abstracts
- Zanichelli Dizionari SEE Ubidictionary (Zanichelli)
- Zentralblatt Math
- Zetoc Electronic Table of Contents
- Electronic and Electrical Engineering
- Environmental Science
- European Studies
Databases "On Trial" are normally only available on campus.
If you experience any access issues or have any queries on current, trial or new databases, please contact the Electronic Resources Librarian directly.
Please note, TCD Library may not be able to commit to a subscription at the end of a resource trial period, even if usage statistics are high, due to current financial restrictions.
- beck-online: Die Datenbank. Trial period: 2 months: 11 January 2017 - 10 March 2017.
*THIS TRIAL IS NOW OVER. The resource has not been purchased.
beck-online premium, a German-language legal database, includes about 500 (full text) handbooks, lexica and commentaries, over 90 (full text) professional law journals and an abundance of statutes and court decisions.
beck-online is not available off campus.
- China: trade, politics and culture 1793-1980 (Adam Matthew) Trial period: 01/02/2017 - 30/04/2017.
*Please note that PDF download options are not available during trials.
This resource is NOT available off campus during the trial period.
China: trade, politics and culture 1793-1980 contains manuscripts encompassing events from the earliest English embassy to the birth and early years of the People's Republic. There are 400 colour paintings, maps and drawings by English and Chinese artists and there are also photographs, sketches and ephemeral items depicting Chinese people, places, customs and events. The resource contains a wide variety of primary source material detailing China's interaction with the West from Macartney's first Embassy to China in 1793, through to the Nixon/Heath visits to China in 1972-74. It provides multiple perspectives - from politicians, diplomats, missionaries, to business people and tourists.
- Drama Online: LA Theatre Works; Globe on Screen; Video 3-pack (Shakespeare and Early Modern Video Collection) *RESOURCE PURCHASED. See New Resources for more details.
- Routledge Performance Archive Trial period: 20 February 2017 - 19 May 2017.
The Routledge Performance Archive is a developing resource providing access to a range of streamed audio-visual material, from past and present practitioners of performance, accompanied by critical commentary. The content is updated and expanded every three months.
There are interviews on theatre history and contemporary practice, master classes with actor trainers, and both full-length and excerpts from contemporary productions and documentaries. The video material spans more than fifty years of documented work.
The editorial areas are: European Theatre and Performance; South African Theatre and Performance; African American and African Diaspora; Theatre/Design; Shakespeare, Race, and Performance; Political Performance; Devised Performance; Theatre Masks; and Musical Theatre.
- StareDecisis: law reports at your fingertips Trial period: 24 October 2016- 20 November 2016 (Four weeks).
*THIS TRIAL IS NOW OVER. Resource purchased. See New Resources for more details.
STARE DECISIS: The legal principle by which courts are obliged to respect the precedents established by prior decisions. [StareDecisis site]
Since 2011, Stare Decisis Hibernia includes updates on all recently published judgments of the Irish superior courts (Supreme Court, Court of Appeal, High Court and previously the Court of Criminal Appeal).
Updates normally appear within 5 days of being posted on the Courts Services web site.
The updates normally include: i) a summary of the court's decision; ii) a link to the text on the Courts Services web site (where available); iii) key terms and phrases used; d) the main authorities cited.
This short (80 second) video will tell you more about the service.
Latest NEW additions (most recent at top of list). (See Trial Databases page for databases on trial.)
[Drama Online] Rodenburg (Shakespeare in the present) (Shakespeare and Early Modern Video Collection)
[Drama Online] Hamlet the Film (Genesius Pictures)
[Drama Online] Stage on Screen (Shakespeare and Early Modern Video Collection)
[Drama Online] Globe on Screen [Shakespeare's Globe on Screen Film Collection]
- Autrement Mêmes Collection (L'Harmathèque.com: Autrement Même Collection) [May and August 2016]
L'Harmattan-published, French-language collection, Autrement Mêmes. (Collection director: Professor Roger Little). Professor Little's description of the collection. TCD Library purchased 51 titles in May 2016 and a further 65 in August 2016. All are searchable by title in the Library system or can be found directly on the platform, L'Harmathèque.com
- Drama Online : Nick Hern Books Collection; L.A. Theatre Works; [Shakespeare's] Globe on Screen; Video 3-pack: Stage on Screen; Hamlet the film; Shakespeare in the present. [October 2016]
Links to the six individual resources below:
NHB Modern Plays (Nick Hern Books)(400 play scripts)
A collection of almost 400 titles (plays, screenplays and theatre books) from specialist performing arts publisher, Nick Hern. The collection features works from Conor McPherson, Rona Munro, Enda Walsh and Nicholas Wright.
L.A. Theatre Works (350+ Streamed Audio plays)
L.A. Theatre Works (LATW) is an American audio (radio) theatre company. LATW records stage productions, producing high quality audio versions for listeners. This collection has over 350 audio recordings of drama from literary classics such as Twelve Angry Men, modern works from the oeuvre of American playwrights: Arthur Miller, David Mamet and Eugene O'Neill, Pulitzer Prize-winning titles such as Neil Simon's Lost in Yonkers and contemporary works such as Lucy Prebble's Enron. The collection also includes original LATW docudramas such as Top Secret: The Battle for the Pentagon Papers.
Shakespeare's Globe on Screen Film Collection (Globe on Screen) (21 Video plays)
Founded by the American actor and director Sam Wanamaker, London's Shakespeare's Globe is dedicated to the exploration of Shakespeare's work and the theatre for which he wrote. Shakespeare's Globe on Screen Film Collection is a collection of video recordings of 21 of the Shakespeare’s Globe's stage productions. These 21 films feature critically acclaimed performances from leading actors including Mark Rylance and Stephen Fry. See the full title list of filmed performances. The collection will be updated with future productions.
Stage on Screen (Shakespeare and Early Modern Video Collection: SOS) (Four video plays)
Filmed theatre productions, professionally staged classic plays from London's Greenwich Theatre. Stage on Screen currently contains these dramas: The Duchess of Malfi by John Webster, Doctor Faustus by Christopher Marlowe, School for Scandal by Richard Brinsley Sheridan and Volpone by Ben Jonson. Each film is accompanied by filmed interviews with cast and crew, around 15 hours of content in total. In addition there are costume designs, productions stills, and study guides, as well as background on the play and production.
Hamlet the Film, starring Maxine Peake as Hamlet (Genesius Pictures) (1 video play)
Hamlet by William Shakespeare, adapted by Michael Grandage (Genesius Pictures). Maxine Peake's Hamlet is a female character who takes on a male mantle.
Rodenburg [Shakespeare in the present]: (Shakespeare and Early Modern Video Collection) (Video, 6hrs: an acting masterclass with Patsy Rodenburg).
Patsy Rodenburg, OBE, has been the Head of Voice at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama in London for 26 years and until recently at the Royal National Theatre. She trained in Voice Studies at the Central School of Speech and Drama and is recognized as one of the world's leading voice teachers as well as a renowned authority on Shakespeare.
Filmed on the stages of Michael Howard Studios, New York and The Guildhall School of Music and Drama, London, this video master class demonstrates Patsy Rodenburg’s techniques and exercises in Movement, Speech, Body and Vocal Warm-Up. It includes one-on-one analysis of Shakespeare’s most famous monologues, working with those actors performing speeches from Hamlet, Romeo & Juliet, Macbeth, King Lear, and many more.
Full content list for each collection. There are links here to each collection and a full list of plays that you can download.
- Goodman Manuscripts FREE resource, launched October 2016.
James Goodman (1828-1896), a native of Dingle, Co. Kerry, was a canon of the Church of Ireland and Professor of Irish at Trinity College Dublin (TCD). During his lifetime he compiled an exceptional Irish traditional music and song manuscript collection which was deposited in TCD Library following his death.
In collaboration with TCD, the Irish Traditional Music Archive (ITMA) has digitised and made freely available online the six manuscript volumes. They contain over 2,000 melodies and upwards of 80 songs or poems compiled by James Goodman from oral, manuscript and printed sources at his disposal in mid-19th century southern Ireland.
There is interactive score access via Port
- IFI player FREE resource, launched September 1916.
The material on the IFI Player has been selected to give audiences a taste of the breadth and depth of the collections preserved by the IFI Irish Film Archive. Home movies, newsreels, travelogues, animations, feature films, public information films and documentaries have been included; both amateur and professional productions.
- Orbis Europe (BvD) [4 January 2017]
Orbis Europe is a subset of BvD's global 'Orbis' tool. It holds information on public and private banks, insurance and industrial companies across 48 European countries. It contains over 85 million companies on the system and is updated weekly. It is replacing Amadeus, an abbreviated European database, in TCD Library's collection of subscription databases.
999 concurrent users
- Popular Culture in Britain and America, 1950-1975: rock and roll, counterculture, peace and protest. (Adam Matthew) [Jan 2017]
Popular Culture explores the period of social, political and cultural change between 1950 and 1975. The resource offers thousands of colour images of manuscript and rare printed material, as well as photographs, ephemera, memorabilia and video footage from this period in our history.
- ProQuest Historical Newspapers: Chicago Defender (1909-1975) [December 2016]
- ProQuest Historical Newspapers: The New York Times with Index (1851-1993) [December 2016]
- PsycTests [August 2016]
This newspaper provides first-hand accounts and coverage of the politics, society and events of the time. Coverage: 1909 - 1975.
Contents: Full Text
The Historical New York Times with Index (1851-1993) provides coverage of the politics, society and events of the time and search capability using subject terms in combination with searchable full text, full page, and article-level images from the Historical New York Times. Coverage: 1851 - 2013.
Contents: Full Text
The PsycTESTS database is produced by the American Psychological Association (APA). PsycTESTS is a research database that provides access to psychological tests, measures, scales, surveys, and other assessments as well as descriptive information about the test and its development and administration. This is a bibliographic database, which also contains full text and multimedia.
PsycTESTS is on the EBSCOhost platform and can be cross-searched with PsycInfo and PsycArticles.
- SciVal [October 2016]
Elsevier's SciVal offers access to the research performance of 7,500 research institutions and 220 countries worldwide. Scopus is the underlying data for SciVal. Information about SciVal is available from the Help menu, including: the online manual, a Quick User Guide, the SciVal Metrics Guidebook.
For off campus access, please contact the Library for an access URL.
See also the SciVal info site
- Slavery in America and the World: History, Culture and Law Free database from HeinOnline; users must register. [October 2016]
The database is free but users must register at the URL provided. Due to a high level of interest in this database, it may take 24-48 business hours for registration to be completed.
Slavery in America and the World, brings together every statute passed by every colony and state on slavery, all federal statutes related to slavery, and all reported state and federal cases on slavery. The database also contains hundreds of books and pamphlets written about slavery.
Contents: Full Text
- StareDecisis: law reports at your fingertips [Feb. 2017]
StareDecisis provides up-to-date law reports for all of the superior courts in the Republic of Ireland.
In StareDecisis (also known as, Stare Decisis Hibernia), you can search cases by Keyword, Subject Matter, Court, or Judge, separately or in any combination. StareDecisis contains easy to read judgment summaries and covers all judgments from the Supreme Court, High Court, and Court of Appeal since Jan 2011. All judgment summaries are written by practising barristers specialising in covering specific areas of subject matter ensuring consistent reporting. All judgments are reported within 7 days.
Contents: Full Text