Postgraduate Taught Admissions
- Applications are invited from well-qualified graduates who hold a very good Honors Bachelor degree in law or in a law-based interdisciplinary programme.
- Applications will also be considered from exceptional graduates in related disciplines in the Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences who can convincingly demonstrate that their studies have fully prepared them for the LLM.
- Assuming that this basic pre-requisite is in place, thereafter admission to the various LLM programmes is at the absolute discretion of the School of Law, which will decide on questions of admission having regard to a wide range of academic criteria, including the quality of the individual application and the objectives of ensuring a diverse LLM class of the highest possible academic calibre.
- Admission requirements may vary from year to year.
Students whose first language is not English and who have not been educated through the medium of English must present one of the following qualifications in the English Language:
- IELTS: Grade 6.5
- TOEFL: 88 - Internet based, 570 paper-based, 230 computer-based
- University of Cambridge:
Proficiency Certificate, Grade C or better (CEFR Level C1 or C2)
Advanced Certificate, Grade C or better (CEFR Level C1 or C2)
First Certificate, Grade A (CEFR Level C1)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) - PTE Academic: a minimum score of 63 (with no section score below 59)
Please note that test scores are only valid for 2 years.
Visa Requirements - Students from outside the European Union are advised to apply for a visa as soon as they have been offered, and have accepted a place, on the LL.M programme.
For further information on language and visa requirements, please visit the College website - http://www.tcd.ie/courses/postgraduate/how-to-apply/requirements/international.php
The Application Process
The 2018/19 application process is closed.
Applicants for the 2019/10 academic year should complete an online application form and submit ALL required supporting documentation listed below from November 2018 and no later than 31st May 2019. We encourage students to apply in advance of this final deadline.
All applications for the LLM programmes must be submitted online.
Applications must be made through the online application system not through the School of Law.
LL.M applicants must complete the online application form and upload the following supporting documentation:
- Certified Academic transcript(s) for all completed and current academic and professional courses.
- Certified copy of degree certificate(s) for all completed academic and professional courses.
- Two Academic References.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- A recognised certificate of English Language Competency if English is not your first language (see above).
- Applicants are welcome to submit additional documentation for consideration if they so wish.
Further application guidelines are available from the College website - http://www.tcd.ie/courses/postgraduate/how-to-apply/
Trinity College Postgraduate Prospectus
For the Trinity College Postgraduate Prospectus and other additional information (Tuition fees, Registration etc) please visit:
Graduate Studies: https://www.tcd.ie/Graduate_Studies/
Academic Registry: https://www.tcd.ie/academicregistry/
Study at Trinity: https://www.tcd.ie/study/
LL.M Tuition Fees - http://www.tcd.ie/academicregistry/fees-payments/