There are more than 40 teaching staff in the School, supported by 13 administrative staff. Teaching staff cover a broad range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses, as well as supervising research in topics ranging from language acquisition to cultural theory, from the early Middle Ages to the 21st century.
A dynamic balance is maintained between experienced permanent staff and new blood appointments through contract posts and language assistantships. We have traditionally attached great importance to language competence, and our graduates enjoy worldwide acceptance in their fields.
Staff in Departments
- Centre for European Studies
- Department of French
- Department of Germanic Studies
- Department of Hispanic Studies
- Department of Irish & Celtic Languages
- Department of Italian
- Department of Near and Middle Eastern Studies
- Department of Russian and Slavonic Studies
- The Head of School is Professor David Scott of the French Department.
- The School Administrator, Jackie Sharpe is assisted by Executive Officers, Caroline Murphy and Yvonne Canning
- The Director of Teaching & Learning (Undergraduate) is Dr Pádraig de Paor of the Irish and Celtic Languages Department.
- The Director of Teaching & Learning (Postgraduate) is Dr Jürgen Uhlich of the Irish and Celtic Languages Department.
- The Director of Research is Dr Clemens Ruthner of the Germanic Studies Department.
School of Languages , Literatures and Cultural Studies (SLLCS)
Room 5042, Arts Building
Trinity College Dublin
Dublin 2, Ireland
Tel: 00 353 1 896 1706
Fax: 00 353 1 896 4056