Staff Email, Calendar and Communication Service (Office 365)
All Trinity staff are provided with an official Trinity email account with Microsoft Office 365. Your email address takes the form firstname.lastname@example.org, where 'username' is your computer account username (e.g. Susan Smith's username is 'ssmith' and her email address is email@example.com). You are expected to check this email address regularly as official Trinity communications will be sent to it.
It is not possible to change this email address, although you may request a long email address in the form firstname.lastname@example.org - see the Related pages links below for more information.
As part of Office 365, each member of staff will receive 1 TB of cloud storage with a maximum of 2GB file size and can install Microsoft Office 365 (including all of its apps) on up to five devices. This means you can install Office 365 on your work computer, your mobile phone or tablet, and home computer and get all of the apps which come with Office 365 on these devices. Additionally, because you have 1 TB of cloud storage, you will be able to access your data, files, and these apps from any computer just by logging in with your Trinity username (email@example.com) and password.
Who can use this service
Current Trinity staff
To access your Office 365 email and calendar, you can either go to http://mail.tcd.ie or you can use MS Outlook on your computer.
Using any web browser, you can access your email directly at http://mail.tcd.ie and log in with your Trinity username (firstname.lastname@example.org) and password. Or, you can access your email, calendar and other various apps within Office 365 (for example: Skype for Business and OneDrive) by visiting http://office.tcd.ie
You can also use MS Outlook on your computer to access your Office 365 email and calendar. See our steps for configuring Outlook 2016, 2013 on PC, Outlook 2016 on Mac. If you need help installing or configuring MS Office or MS Outlook please contact the IT Service Desk.
Trinity username (email@example.com) and password
PC or Mac with an internet connection
Related pages and news
Microsoft Office FAQ and General Information
- Microsoft Office 365 - FAQ
- General Requirements and Compatibility for Office 365
- General Service Limitations
- How to access your Office 365 staff email via a web browser
Setting up your device to access your Office 365 email and calendar
- How to add an Office 365 email profile to Outlook 2016, Outlook 2013 on Windows PC
- How to add an Office 365 email profile to Outlook 2016 on Mac
- How to add an Office 365 email profile to iPhone
- How to add an Office 365 email profile to Android
- How to add an Office 365 email profile to Windows Phone
Applications in Office 365
- Getting started with Skype for Business
- How to set up Calendar Sharing in Office 365
- The basics of OneDrive for Business
Features in Office 365 Email
- How to disable Clutter in Office 365 email
- How to archive your email to an online archive folder using your Windows PC
- How to archive your email to an online archive folder using your Mac
- How to setup email forwarding using Office 365
- All about spam email filtering and your email quarantine
Need further help?
Search the Knowledge Base for how-to’s and answers to commonly asked questions
Please be aware of the IT Service Desk opening hours