IT Security - How to report a Phishing Email
Everytime you report phishing emails it helps to:
- Identify and block similar emails in the future
- Reduce the overall amount of spam/phishing email being delivered to Trinity email accounts
Steps to report an email as spam/phishing:
Staff - using Outlook on your computer
- Save the spam/phishing email message - in Outlook this would mean opening the email to view it and then choosing File - Save As and saving it to your computer
- Create a new, blank email message and attach the saved spam message to it
- Copy and paste the original spam message subject line into the new message subject line
- Send the new message to email@example.com
Staff - using Office365
- Login to your email using Office 365 mail.tcd.ie
- Find and click on the phishing message, click the down arrow next to Junk, and then click Phishing
- Open your email on MyZone.
- Open the email you'd like to report.
- At the top right of the message next to the Reply button, click the down arrow.
- Select Report Phishing.