Research Support System (RSS)The Research Support System (RSS) is a web-based information system, which incorporates an expertise database. The system was built in-house by IT Services, and allows members of academic staff to input and update information on their academic interests and research expertise and publications. The RSS is integrated with TARA, an open access repository, which means that the full text of work deposited here can be uploaded, starting from the RSS, and then is freely accessible to the world via the Web.
Who can use this service
Benefits and key features
- A database of the University's expertise for international external bodies/collaborators to search
- Promotion of the research of individual faculty or research groups
- A means of creating and maintaining up-to-date publications lists
- Automatic generation of webpages
- A means of generating reports by College, Department, Individuals, Research Centre, for internal and external use, including inputs to the Calendar's list of publications
- A means of avoiding repetition in the request-for / provision-of information
- An opportunity for faculty profiles to be exported to the Expertise Ireland portal
For those of you who have not used this system before, you may check, amend and approve your Research Support System profile online as follows:
- Browse to the Web Systems page and choose 'Register'. This 'Register' button is located just under the main Login button. Note that when you update your Trinity network login password every six months you will have to re-register here so that you can continue to login to the Web Systems.
- Once signed in choose 'Research Support System' under Web Applications
- Select 'Curriculum Vitae'
Further information, tutorial videos and support details can be found on the Dean of Research RSS pages.
Need further help?
Search the Knowledge Base for how-to’s and answers to commonly asked questions
Please be aware of the IT Service Desk opening hours