The Photographic Centre is run by IT Services. The services provided are mainly for publication, the enhancement of teaching and learning, and the maintenance of over thirty five years of photography covered by the photography department. In addition to the list below please, be aware of the gallery of images, which include a price list for print reproduction and supply of data files. Please allow at least 7 working days for photographic requests, and time to process same.
The Photography studio has been relocated and updated. The studio can now deal with a wide range of assignments ranging from : close up photography, product – pack shots, Paintings and artworks – large and small, plus studio portraits – from single sitters to small groups etc.
The Photography Studio covers a variety of functions such as:
- Printing of exam prints
- Photographing of visiting dignitaries here in the studio
- Copying of valuable artworks and paintings
- Conversion of valuable old slides and negatives to digital
- On-going updating of Trinity images across the campus
- Photography and supply of Trinity images to order for book publication and similar.
- Recent work includes the Undergraduate Brochure 2013 and the beautiful new book celebrating 300 years of the Trinity College Long Room Library
- Provision of quality studio portraits of staff to enhance Departmental websites, and their notice boards
- Supply of Trinity images for Administration, and any publications
- Events photography: photography of events that take place in Trinity is not a service that is provided by the Photographic Centre
Who can use this service
Please contact Brian McGovern, Studio Photographer, to request a photographic shoot, or supply of stock images.
Phone: + 353 1 896 1343 (voice mail available)
Opening hours: Monday to Friday, from 8am to 1pm. There is an open hour for the delivery and collection of work between 12pm and 1pm.
Location: The Photography studio is now located in the Arts Block on the first floor, room 3129 and requires booking in advance.
Related pages and news
Need further help?
Search the Knowledge Base for how-to’s and answers to commonly asked questions
Please be aware of the IT Service Desk opening hours