Staff Wi-Fi - How to connect - Windows 8
Submit a network request
You can only follow the instructions below once your network request has been processed and you have received an email from IT Services with important configuration information. If you have not yet submitted a network request, please follow the network request link to do so.
To connect your computer to TCDwireless network
- On the desktop, right-click the Network icon on the bottom right of the taskbar near the clock.
- Select Open Network and Sharing Center.
- Under Change your networking settings, select Set up a new connection or network.
- Select Manually connect to a wireless network, then click Next.
- Under Network name, type TCDwireless.
- Under Security type, select WPA2-Enterprise.
- Under Encryption type, select AES.
- Select Start this connection automatically check box.
- Select Connect even if the network is not broadcasting check box.
- Click Next.
- If you are in range of the wireless network, you will see Successfully added TCDwireless message.
- Click Change connection settings.
- On the Wireless Network properties window, click the Security tab.
- Under Choose a network authentication method, click Settings.
- Deselect Verify the server's identity by validating the certificate check box. Then click Configure under Select Authentication Method.
- On the EAP MSCHAPv2 Properties window, select Automatically use my Windows logon name and password.
- Click OK three times to exit the Wireless Network properties.
- You should now be automatically connected to the wireless network.