TCDconnect - How to connect Windows Mobile devices to student WiFi network
In order to successfully follow the steps below you must be in an area of Trinity with Wi-Fi coverage (see the Trinity Wi-Fi coverage information page). Once you have completed the first set of steps below you will be able to register on the TCDconnect service, connect to the Trinity Wi-Fi network and gain fast, secure internet access. Those using the service are assumed to have read and agreed to the terms and conditions.
Broadly speaking there are two steps to carry out in order to get connected:
- Configure your Wi-Fi settings
- Set a device PIN/password to protect the security of your device in case of theft or accidental lost
Step 1: Configuring & Registering your Windows device to connect to TCDwifi:
- Choose the Settings option and then Wi-Fi
- Ensure Wi-Fi networking is On
- Select Advanced, then the + symbol
- Under Add WiFi network, enter TCDwifi as the Network name
- Select Add
- Enter your Trinity username and network login password
- Select Done
- You may see the following message:
If you expect to find TCDwifi in this location, go ahead and connect.
Otherwise, it may be a different network with the same name.
- If your version of Windows Phone prompts for additional information please use the following settings:
For Security Type choose WPA2 Enterprise
For Encryption type choose AES
For Network Authentication method choose PEAP
For Phase-2 authentication choose mschapv2
Ensure that Validate Server Certificate is not selected
Step 2: Register your device on the TCDconnect service.
- Launch a web browser, browse to https://tcdnac.tcd.ie and you'll be brought to the TCDconnect service terms and conditions page.
- Follow the web page instructions until you come to the main Registration web page.
- In the box towards the end of the page enter the short version of your Trinity username (e.g. jbloggs and not email@example.com) and your network login password
- Click Download.
Important to know: If you do not use the TCDconnect service for 40 days you will need to re-register by repeating the steps above.
Step 3: Set a device PIN/password (if not already done so)
You can choose either PIN or password, but it is better to choose a password and it should be at least 6-8 characters with a number and at least one character in uppercase. To set a password, go to Settings - Lock & Wallpaper - select Password On, enter your password, confirm your password and tap Done.
To remove the TCDwifi profile, choose Settings - Wi-Fi, select Advanced, tap the Select icon, select TCDwifi and then select the Trash icon. This removes the Wi-Fi connection from your device.
If you encounter difficulties connecting to the TCDconnect service please check the TCDconnect FAQ.
TCDconnect network clinic
If you still need assistance then please visit the TCDconnect network clinic to get one-to-one support for this service.