TCDconnect - Connection requirements
What is this page aboutThis page gives information on the hardware and software requirements to register with and use the TCDconnect service.
Who will find this information useful.This information is for Trinity students who wish to connect to the TCDconnect service.
The following are the general requirements for connection to the Trinity network via the TCDconnect service:
- Only holders of a valid Trinity username and password can request connection to the data network
- All users are obliged to read and be familiar with the terms and conditions of connecting to the network
- Your computer must conform to the minimum software and hardware requirements listed below
- Users requiring connection to the wireless network should be aware that there are wireless network card requirements
Supported operating systems
All operating systems must have the latest security updates installed.
Supported PC Operating Systems:
- Windows 10 (Windows 10 S is not currently supported)
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 7
- Google Chrome OS (on Chromebook devices)
For more information please see our Windows support statement.
Supported Apple Mac Operating Systems:
- Mountain Lion (10.8)*
- Mavericks (10.9)*
- Yosemite (10.10)
- El Capitan (10.11)
- Sierra (10.12)
- High Sierra (10.13)
*End of support for macOS 10.8 (Mountain Lion) & 10.9 (Mavericks) – 26th July 2018
Apple has ended support for macOS 10.8 & 10.9. This means that they no longer provide software security updates for these operating systems and continuing to run these unsupported operating systems represents a security risk to the Trinity data network and to your own data. For that reason, devices running macOS 10.8 & 10.9 will not be able to connect to TCDconnect service from 26th July 2018.
If your computer is running macOS 10.8 or 10.9 then we encourage you to take action well in advance of 26th July 2018 by upgrading your operating system. Information on how to upgrade, for free, to a more recent version of macOS can be found on the Apple website at www.apple.com/osx/how-to-upgrade.Please see our Mac OS support statement for more information.
Supported Smartphone and Tablet Operating Systems:
- iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch)
- Windows Phone
- Windows RT
This service requires, for security, that you have a passcode lock set for your smartphone or tablet device. During registration you will be prompted to set a passcode lock or password/PIN if you do not already have one. It is your responsibility to remember this passcode/password/PIN as if you forget it you may have to do a restore from backup and so may lose data. Those using the service are asked to familiarise themselves with some concepts of good IT security for mobile devices. Those using the service are assumed to have read and agreed to the terms and conditions.
Other devices and operating systems:
Only devices running the operating systems listed in the boxes above can be connected to the TCDconnect service.
The TCDconnect service is scaled and provisioned for the secure connectivity of students’ laptops, smartphones and tablets which can support the required Wi-Fi security protocols. It is not possible to connect other Internet-of-Things (IoT) devices such as music streaming devices and games consoles to the student Wi-Fi or wired network service.
All Windows computers must be running one of the supported anti-virus applications listed below. Where you do not have one of the listed applications the TCDconnect system will provide you with links to the required software for download, free of charge, during the connection process. Having more than one anti-virus application installed at once may lead to system instability, so if you already have an anti-virus program that is not listed below then you will need to remove it first before installing one of the supported anti-virus applications. Please consult your anti-virus application provider's online documentation for removal instructions.
List of supported anti-virus applications
- Windows Defender
- Microsoft Security Essentials
- Norton AntiVirus
- AVG Anti-Virus
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus
- avast! Antivirus
- ESET NOD32
- BullGuard AntiVirus
- Trend Micro
- McAfee VirusScan Enterprise
- The following home versions of McAfee are supported:
McAfee Antivirus Plus
McAfee Internet Security
McAfee Security Center
McAfee Total Protection/All Access
As per the College Structured Cabling System policy and the College Wireless policy, it is not permitted to connect networking equipment such as routers, access points and switches to the Trinity network.
Most wireless network cards with the Wi-Fi Logo should be able to connect to the Trinity wireless network. If you are experiencing difficulties then please be aware of the information below, and if you need further assistance please visit the TCDconnect network clinic.
- Your wireless card must be WPA Enterprise compatible (also known as WPA with TKIP). Specifically, it is necessary to use the WPA2 protocol. There is a tool available on the Wi-Fi Alliance website which will allow you to determine if your wireless card meets this requirement.
- Your wireless card must support the 802.11g standard at a minimum, and preferably support 802.11n
Minimum hardware specifications for PCs and Macs
Minimum device specifications supported by IT Services:
- PC running Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10
Minimum of 1GB RAM
Minimum Hard Disk size of 20GB
Minimum processor speed 1.5GHz
- Mac running OS X
Minimum of 1GB RAM
Minimum hard disk size of 20GB
- TCDconnect - Connection process
- TCDconnect - Frequently Asked Questions
- TCDconnect - Network clinic
- Trinity Wi-Fi coverage information
- Removing TCDconnect settings