TCDconnect - How to connect Windows Vista to the student Wi-Fi network
In order to successfully follow the steps below you must be in an area of Trinity with Wi-Fi coverage (see our Wi-Fi coverage information). Once you have completed the first set of steps below you will be able to register on the TCDconnect service, connect to the Trinity Wi-Fi network and gain fast, secure internet access.
Before following the steps below, and in order to save yourself time when on campus, it is worth making sure all your Windows software updates have been installed.
- Close all applications
- From Start menu choose 'Network'
- Click Network and Sharing Center near the top
- From the left menu choose Set up a connection or network
- Select 'Manually connect to a wireless network' and click Next
- For 'Network name' enter TCDwifi
- For 'Security type' select WPA2-Enterprise
- For 'Encryption type' choose AES
- Check the box for 'Connect even if the network is not broadcasting' and then click Next
- You should now be presented with the screen below reporting that you have Successfully added TCDwifi. Select the Change connection settings option.
- On the subsequent window select the Security tab and then choose Settings
- Uncheck the Validate server certificate box, then click Configure...
- On the EAP MSCHAPv2 Properties window you must ensure to uncheck the option Automatically use my Windows logon name and password (and domain if any)
- Click OK three times to exit the Wireless Network properties
- Next you will be prompted to enter your Trinity username and network login password in order to connect to the network. If the prompt to enter your Trinity username and network login password does not appear then restart your computer and the prompt should appear when you login again
- Once you have done this you can hover the mouse over the wireless computer icon on the bottom right corner of the status bar and it will confirm that you are connected to the Trinity network, as below
- To complete the process and get internet access you must now register your computer for the TCDconnect service. This process includes running a security scan on your computer to ensure you meet the minimum security requirements. Launch a web browser and you will be automatically redirected to the online TCDconnect registration system. If you are not directed there when you launch your browser then try browsing to a non-Trinity website such as http://www.google.com and you should then be redirected to the TCDconnect welcome page.
Help with connection process
If you encounter difficulties connecting to the TCDconnect service please check the TCDconnect FAQ.
TCDconnect network clinics
If you still need assistance then please book into and attend one of the TCDconnect network clinics to get one-to-one support for this service.