TCDconnect - How to connect macOS to the student Wi-Fi network
In order to successfully follow the steps below you must be in an area of Trinity with Wi-Fi coverage (see the Trinity Wi-Fi coverage information page). Once you have completed the first set of steps below you will be able to register on the TCDconnect service, connect to the Trinity Wi-Fi network and gain fast, secure internet access.
Step 1: Configuring your device to connect to TCDwifi:
- Click on the Wi-Fi (or AirPort) Icon in the Apple Menu at the top of the screen. If Wi-Fi is turned off then choose to ‘Turn Wi-Fi On’.
- From the Wi-Fi drop down list choose ‘Other’ or ‘Join Other Network’
- For ‘Network Name’ enter TCDwifi
- For ‘Security’ choose WPA2 Enterprise from the drop down list
- In the Username and Password fields enter your Trinity username and network login password
- For 'Mode' choose Automatic
- Click Join (or OK in older Mac OS versions)
- To ensure easy connection in future, choose System Preferences from the main Apple menu, then choose Network and select Wi-Fi in the panel on the left. Click the Advanced button in the lower right. Under 'Preferred Networks', ensure that TCDwifi is above TCDwifi-firsteps by clicking and dragging (if necessary). Click OK, then Apply to save the setting.
Step 2: Scan and Register your device to connect to TCDwifi:
To complete the process and get internet access you must now register your computer for the TCDconnect service. This process includes running a security scan to register your device and ensure that it is running a supported version of macOS.
- Launch a web browser and browse to any external site such as http://www.irishtimes.com and you will be automatically redirected to the TCDconnect Welcome Page, where you can download and run the scan. After running the scan file you may be asked if you wish to allow changes to the network configuration on your computer and you may be prompted for your local Mac administrator password.
- When the scan completes a results page will be displayed. If your device passes the scan then you will be connected within 90 seconds. You may need to restart your device before getting full connectivity.
Help with connection process
If you encounter difficulties connecting to the TCDconnect service please check the TCDconnect FAQ.
TCDconnect network clinics
If you still need assistance then please book into and attend one of the TCDconnect network clinics to get one-to-one support for this service.