TCDconnect - How to connect Linux to the student Wi-Fi network
In order to successfully follow the steps below you must be in an area of Trinity with Wi-Fi coverage (see the Trinity Wi-Fi coverage information page). Once you have completed the first set of steps below you will be able to register on the TCDconnect service, connect to the Trinity Wi-Fi network and gain fast, secure internet access.
Step 1: Configuring your device to connect to TCDwifi:
- Open the Wireless management utility .
- Select Connect to Hidden Wireless Network (or ‘Connect to Other Wireless Network’).
- Enter TCDwifi in Network Name Field.
- Choose WPA & WPA2 Enterprise as the security type.
- If there is a setting for 'No CA certificate is required' then make sure the box is checked.
- Enter your Trinity username and network login password.
- Leave the other configuration settings as default (example below) and click Connect.
- The Connect to Hidden Wireless Network dialog box may re-appear, if so use the same settings as above and hit Connect and you should be connected to the wireless network
- You may be prompted to create a keyring password. This is a password local to your computer and is used to secure your saved passwords.
Step 2: Scan and Register your device to connect to TCDwifi:
To complete the process and get internet access you must now register your computer for the TCDconnect service. This process includes running a security scan to register your device and ensure that it meets the minimum security requirements..
- Launch a web browser and browse to any external site such as http://www.irishtimes.com and you will be automatically redirected to the TCDconnect Welcome page, where you can download and run the scan.
- When the scan completes a results page will be displayed. If your device passes the scan then you will be connected within 90 seconds.
Help with connection process
If you encounter difficulties connecting to the TCDconnect service please check the TCDconnect FAQ.
TCDconnect network clinic
If you still need assistance then please visit the TCDconnect network clinic to get one-to-one support for this service.