Staff WiFi--Mobile device--Terms and Conditions
The use of the Mobile Device Wireless Network Service at TCD shall be governed by the terms and conditions contained herein ("the Agreement"). You may only use this Service if you expressly agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this Agreement each time you access the Service. Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing the Service.
The terms and conditions of this Agreement govern and affect only your use of the Mobile Device Wireless Network Service and are not intended to and do not affect in any way other transactions you may have with Trinity College Dublin.
Users of the service should be aware that at all times they must comply with:
Service Access & Availability
This Service is provided solely for use by approved Staff users of Trinity College Dublin. Approved users are defined as those current staff members who have valid login credentials issued by IT Services.
This Service is a sub component of the parent TCD Staff wireless service for PCs and Macs. It is self-supported and can be withdrawn or suspended at any stage if it adversely impacts the parent service.
Unauthorised use of this service is strictly prohibited. Individuals who are not authorised should discontinue all attempts to use the service.
Users will be held accountable for all activities carried out using the service under their login credentials. Users must not allow their login credentials to be used by any other individual or group or to connect any device to the network other than those owned and used by them or provided to them by College.
Service is only available at designated campus locations; service coverage, speeds and quality may vary. Service is subject to unavailability, including emergencies, transmission, equipment or network problems or limitations, interference, lack of signal strength, and maintenance and repair.
Your access to the Service is at the discretion of IT Services, and your access to the Service may be blocked, suspended, or terminated at any time. Trinity College Dublin shall not be liable for any damages, losses, cost or expenses caused by or arising out of termination of the Service.
Use of the Service
Users of the service agree to be bound by the Trinity College Dublin College IT & Network Code of Conduct and all College IT Security Policies and agree not to use the Service for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by this Agreement, including but not limited to:
- Use of the Service in a manner which will interfere materially with the continued operation of the Service;
- Use of the Service in any manner that infringes another's copyrights, patents, trademarks, or intellectual property rights;
- Use of the Service to engage in libel, defamation, harassment, , intentional misrepresentation or fraud, or publication of private information;
- Introducing viruses, trojan horses, worms, or any other computer programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information;
- Using the Service to gain illegal or unauthorised access to other computers or networks;
- Attempting to intercept, collect or store data about third parties without their knowledge or consent;
- Sending unsolicited messages, "spam", or "junk mail";
- Extension of the service to provide service by proxy or other means to other computers/users.
Trinity College Dublin reserves the right to monitor the use of the Service to ensure compliance with this Agreement or applicable law. Trinity College Dublin reserves the right to monitor transmissions and to collect and use personally identifiable information to assist in provisioning of service and to monitor network health and performance and otherwise solve problems associated with the Service.
Termination of Service
All users must agree to deregister their device according to the guidelines at http://www.tcd.ie/itservices/network/kb/staff-mobile-device-dereg.php in the circumstances outlined below:
- The user ceases employment/study at College
- The user's device is lost or stolen
- The user's device is to be given to another individual
Limitation of Liability
Users of the Trinity College network use the service at their own risk.
Trinity College Dublin shall not be liable for any damages arising from use of the Service, including but not limited to:
- loss of privacy or security damages
- personal injury or property damages
- any damages whatsoever resulting from interruption or failure of service
- loss of data
- loss due to unauthorized access due to viruses or other harmful components
- the interception of loss of any data or transmission
- losses resulting from any goods or services purchased or messages or data received or transaction entered into through the Service
Privacy and Security
Security of the Service user’s computers or other networked device is the responsibility of the user. Trinity College Dublin recommends the installation of anti-virus software or personal firewall technology to protect the mobile device from unauthorised access or damage.