Offices & Labs - Network printing - macOS
To connect to a network printer from a Mac you must know the 'printer name' of the printer you are connecting to. This can be obtained from a configuration sheet printout from the printer. Once you have determined the 'printer name' please follow these steps, for macOS:
- Click the Apple Icon, then select System Preferences.
- Click Printers & Scanners.
- Click + icon to add a printer.
- Select IP icon, then under the Protocol heading select Internet Printing Protocol - IPP.
- Type the printer name of your printer in Address box.
- Under the Print Using heading select the appropriate Printer Model and click Add.
- Your printer should now appear in the Printer List.