How to obtain your IP address
Every computer on the Trinity data network has a unique IP address. To get the IP address of your computer follow the instructions below for your operating system. (Need help determining your operating system?)
- On the keyboard, press Windows Logo+R.
- In the Run box, type cmd, press Enter.
- In the Command Prompt, type ipconfig, and press Enter.
- The IP address is listed as IPv4 Address and takes the form 134.226.xxx.xxx
Mac OS X 10.8 and later
- Click Apple Icon, click System Preferences - Network.
- Select a type of connection from the panel on the left - usually Ethernet or Wi-Fi (Airport in earlier versions of OS X).
- The IP address is listed in the main section of the windows and is in the form 134.226.xxx.xxx.