Maintaining College websites--FileZilla configuration
If there is already an older version of FileZilla installed on your computer, please uninstall it before proceeding to download and install the supported version, as outlined below.
- Click on the appropriate download link below and save the installation file to your computer
- FileZilla for Windows
- FileZilla for Apple Mac
- FileZilla for Linux (32-bit)
- FileZilla for Linux (64-bit)
- Open FileZilla.
- To add a new FTP site, click File > Site Manager.
- Click New Site, then type the name for this connection e.g. www.tcd.ie
- On the General tab type the details as follows:
In Host, type webpub.tcd.ie or if working on the tcdlife server type www.tcdlife.ie
From Protocol list, select SFTP - SSH File Transfer Protocol
In User, type your college username.
In Password, type your webauthor password.
- Click Advanced tab, then enter the following details:
To set the Default local directory, click Browse and locate the folder on your computer that will store your web page files.
In Default remote directory, type the path of the College web site you are working on, this will take the form /www.tcd.ie/foldername e.g. /www.tcd.ie/Astronomy. If working on the tcdlife server your entry here will start with /www.tcdlife.ie/.
- Click Connect. A short connection status report will display indicating if the connection is successful.
- You will then be presented with a list of the files on the remote server and on your computer.
- To download a file from the web server, click and drag the file from the web server (right side) to your computer (left side), or vice-versa to upload any web pages that you wish to publish.