Web publishing (www.tcd.ie)
Official Trinity websites are hosted at www.tcd.ie and staff and postgraduates who have been granted the required permissions and webauthor account may update websites hosted on this server. Please see our pages, listed below, on Trinity websites for further assistance and information.
Who can use this service
Staff and postgraduates with webauthor accounts
- PC / Mac with internet connection
- Webauthor account & permissions
- Dreamweaver or equivalent software
To get started, you will need a webauthor account and the correct permissions, please see our page outlining how to request permissions to edit a Trinity website.
You will also most likely need to purchase and configure Dreamweaver and should attend the Maintaining Trinity Websites using Dreamweaver course, provided by IT Services.
Many of the most common questions are outlined in our Frequently Asked Questions page.
- Maintaining Trinity websites FAQ
- Webauthor account & permissions - general information
- Webauthor account - password reset and password expiry
- Dreamweaver configuration
- Creating a new page in an existing website
- Editing page in an existing website
- Working with images
- Working with documents
- FileZilla configuration
- Editing RSS news feeds & Dreamfeeder
- Secure Shell installation
- Secure Shell configuration
- Restricting access to Trinity websites
- Requesting top-level URLs
- Web databases - general information
- Web access statistics - weblogs.tcd.ie
Need further help?
Search the Knowledge Base for how-to’s and answers to commonly asked questions
Please be aware of the IT Service Desk opening hours