IT Services Projects Office (ITSPO)
The IT Services Projects Office provides support to all IT Services Projects. The IT Services Projects Office services include:-
IT PROJECTS PROGRAMME MANAGEMENT
- Management of all IT Projects as a single programme of work including new Projects for College and on-going development and enhancement Projects supporting the University’s Strategic business goals.
- Management of the pipeline of IT projects and assistance with the prioritisation of Projects within IT Services.
GOVERNANCE ON IT PROJECT STANDARDS AND PROCESSES
- Standardise IT Services project management practices and processes and provide support for ongoing review and improvements.
PROJECT REQUEST REVIEW, CO-ORDINATION AND EVALUATION
- Co-Ordinate the IT Services process for new Project requests, Project assessments, Project evaluation and Project approvals.
- The IT Services PO assists clients with the development of their Project proposals and Business cases to ensure alignment with College strategy and to identify IT Project costs and benefits.
IT PROJECTS PROGRAMME REPORTING AND COMMUNICATION
- Ensuring that all stakeholders have up-to-date, accurate information on Project requests and Project status.
- Preparation of status reports on the programme of IT Projects including new Projects for College and on-going development and enhancement Projects.
- Reporting on project status, progress, significant project anomalies (time, cost, scope, quality, resources).
- Management of project documentation
IT PROJECT RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
- Assisting with achieving optimum use of resources on IT Projects and reporting on status.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT CONSULTANCY
- Project Management for IT Projects and Project Management Consultancy
- Provide training and assistance to Project Managers in project management practices and administrative support.
IT PROJECT QUALITY ASSURANCE
- Recommend quality assurance reviews of projects, processes and deliverables and assist, where required, in the conduct of such QA activities.