Enterprise Architecture consists of the vision, principles and standards that guide the purchase and deployment of technology within an enterprise. IT Services provides a robust architecture practice so that the full benefits of IT can be realized for the University, to help ensure IT systems are optimized and compatible, and to reduce the potential for duplication of effort or conflicting requirements across enterprise IT systems.
The activities carried out by IT Services in this area include:
- Documenting the existing Trinity Enterprise Architecture to help inform strategic decision taking
- Reviewing any proposed IT project to check compliance with Trinity's Enterprise Architecture
- Opportunity searches for innovative technological solutions that expand and add value to the services offered by IT Services
- Engaging with other HEI’s using Enterprise Architecture to help identify and implement EA best practices for the benefit of the University
- Assisting with the decommissioning of legacy architecture
- Oversight of Enterprise software testing
- Enterprise database architecture and solution design
- Technology platforms architecture and solution design
Who can use this service
During the project proposal process the formal start of the Enterprise Architecture review process is the submission of a completed form to the IT Services Projects Office. If you require further information please contact the IT Service Desk to request advice on these processes and your query will be passed to the relevant staff in IT Services.
Need further help?
Search the Knowledge Base for how-to’s and answers to commonly asked questions
Please be aware of the IT Service Desk opening hours