IT Services Alerts - Wireless network downtime, May 11th, 8am-9am
First Posted: Tuesday, 10th May 2011, 3.15pm
IS Services wish to advise that emergency reconfiguration work on the central wireless network infrastructure will take place on Wednesday 11th May between 8.00am and 9.00am. During this period the wireless network will be unavailable in all campus and off-site locations. This service outage will affect all of the following wireless network services:
- The TCDwifi Student (TCDconnect) wireless service
- The Staff wireless network
- The Guest wireless service
- The eduroam wireless roaming service
- The School of Mathematics hosted wireless service in the Lloyd and Hamilton Buildings
- The metakall research wireless service,
It is anticipated that full wireless services will resume from 9.00am, however please note that the follow-on period 9.00am – 10.00am on Wednesday 11th May should be considered an 'at risk' period for the wireless network during which the central system will be monitored and corrective action taken if necessary should unforeseen issues arise.
IS Services would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused.
IS Services Helpdesk