IT Services Alerts - Upgrading the Staff Internet Connect service (12-20th July)
First Posted: Wednesday 11th July 15:30
IT Services will be carrying out upgrade work on the Staff Internet Connect service during the third week of July. There will be periods of disruption to the service during this time.
Please note, there will be no impact on other network services in Trinity as a result of this work, including Staff Wifi (TCDwireless) or wired networks in offices and labs. We would like to remind those staff using the Internet Connect Wi-Fi service that it is intended for occasional use and not for College business. Staff with a College business requirement for Wi-Fi connectivity should connect their device to the Staff Wi-Fi service
- Between 8am-5pm on Thursday 12th July, Tuesday 17th July & Friday 20th July: Preparation and finalisation for the upgrade works will be underway on these days and the Staff Internet Connect service should be operating as normal but 'at risk' of some short periods of disruption. If there is disruption it would mean your connection to the Staff Internet Connect service may temporarily be unavailable.
- Between 9am-5pm on Wednesday, 18th July & Thursday, 19th July: The actual upgrade works will be taking place to the Staff Internet Connect service on these days. The service will experience disruption for brief periods of time over these dates.
How might this affect me on 18th & 19th July?
- Regular and recent users of Staff Internet Connect – Service will be available to users who regularly use, and have recently been connected to, the Staff Internet Connect service but all users can expect, for brief periods on these days, that connection will be unavailable
- Before 9am and after 5pm the Staff Internet Connect service will be fully available to regular users and for registered users who haven’t used the service in more recent weeks.
- New users of Staff Internet Connect service - No new users will be able to register for TCDconnect on these dates.
We appreciate your patience with this essential work and apologise for the inconvenience it may cause you.