IT Services Alerts - Update: Upgrading the TCDconnect service (12-20th July)
Updated: Tuesday, 10th July 15:21
We have received further information on the planned upgrade to the TCDconnect service, which we are happy to share with you. Please find below some more information to better enable you to plan during this time.
- Between 8am-5pm on Thursday 12th July, Tuesday 17th July & Friday 20th July: Preparation and finalisation for the TCDconnect upgrade works will be underway on these days and the TCDconnect service should be operating as normal but 'at risk' of some short periods of disruption. If there is disruption to TCDconnect it would mean your connection to the Student Wi-Fi Service may temporarily be unavailable.
- Between 9am-5pm on Wednesday, 18th July & Thursday, 19th July: The actual upgrade works will be taking place to the TCDconnect service on these days. The TCDconnect service will experience disruption for brief periods of time over these dates.
How might this affect me on 18th & 19th July?
- Regular and recent users of TCDconnect - service will be available to users who regularly use, and have recently been connected to, the Student Wi-Fi Service using TCDconnect but all users can expect, for brief periods on these days, that connection to the Student Wi-Fi Service will be unavailable
- Before 9am and after 5pm the TCDconnect service will be fully available to regular users and for registered users who haven’t used the service in more recent weeks.
- New users of TCDconnect - No new users will be able to register for TCDconnect on these dates.
We appreciate your patience with this essential work to update TCDconnect and apologise for the inconvenience it may cause you.
First Posted: Monday, 9th July 15:10
IT Services will be carrying out upgrade work on the TCDconnect service during the third week of July. There will be periods of disruption to the service during this time, impacting both the student Wi-Fi service and student wired network service in residences. There will be no impact on other network services in Trinity as a result of this work.
Below is a schedule of the planned activity and any related impact on the TCDconnect service:
- Thursday, 12th July, 8am-5pm: Pre-upgrade works - The TCDconnect service should be considered 'at risk' of disruption with no service impact expected.
- Tuesday, 17th July, 9am-5pm: The TCDconnect service should be considered 'at risk' of disruption with no service impact expected.
- Wednesday,18th July, all day: The TCDconnect service will be unavailable.
- Thursday 19th July, all day: The TCDconnect service will be unavailable.
- Friday, 20th July, 9am-5pm: The TCDconnect service should be considered 'at risk' of disruption with no service impact expected.
We appreciate your patience with this essential work and apologise for any inconvenience caused.