Human Resources for Research Staff
Welcome to the Human Resources Research Staff home page.
As staff of Trinity College Dublin Researchers are welcome to access all our policies, schemes and programmes (subject to normal eligibility criteria). We invite you to look through our webpages.
Some items which may be of particular interest to you:
- Training & Development Resource – Lynda.com is available to all research staff: Log On and Learn at Lynda.tcd.ie. We have set up 2 specialised playlists for you to get you started:
- Research Tools: https://www.lynda.com/SharedPlaylist/9b751a924f874f579aa592c8d719d419?org=tcd.ie
- Excel for Researchers: https://www.lynda.com/SharedPlaylist/5304215bf1d74b1b83e3d7d00b1b1d71?org=tcd.ie
- Research Manager Seminar Series - Open to all Research Managers. This series encompasses HR Topics including: visas, work permits, hosting agreements, schemes, and managing contracts. Book your place.
- Professional Skills for Research Leaders – commenced in October 2017- Places fully booked. This is a blended learning programme for early career Research Leaders. All enquiries to Learning and Development Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mentoring – HR are working on developing a Mentoring Programme for Researchers to be launched in 2018.
- Induction – All Research staff are invited to attend our general induction programmes. More information can be found at staff induction webpage.
- HR Learning Catalogue and Wellbeing Talks - All elements of our learning and development programme are open to Research staff (with some exceptions for specific technical/skill courses). More information can be found at inhouse - programmes webpage.
- YourHR – http://www.tcd.ie/hr/our-services/yourhr
- General Staff Seminar Series - Open to all our Research staff(note some specific seminars are run around individual pension schemes) More information can be found at http://www.tcd.ie/hr/our-services/yourhr/seminars.php
- NEW – Vitae - An online learning resource for Research Staff.
- Payslips, P60s – to access your payslips and P60s, go online to our portal and view / print them off. https://hrservices.tcd.ie/pls/coreportal_live/cp_por_public_main_page.display_login_page
- The TBSI Post Doc Society hosted a very successful Career Symposium for Research Fellows on 13th October 2017. Please see the webpage for details. The aim of the symposium was to provide information and practical guidance to post-doctoral research staff, Ph.D. and undergraduate students in terms of potential career options that are available to them (both within and outside of academia) and ways in which they can develop their career prospects. There were morning talks, with a keynote speaker, and an afternoon interactive session - stands with speakers from the morning session and industry. HR were delighted to participate in this event.
(L - R) Antonio Felipe – Work Permits; David Hurcombe – Pensions Manager; Louise Power – Learning and Development Manager.