What is Lynda?
Lynda.tcd.ie provides access to Lynda.com, an online skills development service offering access to an extensive library of high quality video courses (over 5600) in business, technology and creative skills.
Access is currently available to all academic and professional staff, offering them unlimited access to the service via the web and mobile apps.
This exciting resource supports the strategic plan of the University by increasing our capacity for digital skills development. It supports our digital transformation strategy, will help to develop our digital culture and supports Academic and Professional staff to improve their skills in a broad range of areas.
Courses are available on both operational and personal development topics. For example there is a wide range of courses on Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Outlook, Outlook Calendar, OneDrive, Skype for Business, PowerPoint, Access, Management, Leadership, Project Management, Communication, Time Management, and a wide range of other topics. There is a vast online library of over 180,000 instructional videos with tuition provided by accomplished teachers and recognised industry experts. New courses are being added daily.
At the end of each course you are provided with a Certificate of Completion.
With Lynda.com, you get:
- Unlimited access. Choose from more than 5600 video tutorials covering business, creative and technology topics.
- Personalized recommendations. Explore the most in-demand skills based on your experience.
- Expert instructors. Learn from industry leaders, all in one place.
- Convenient learning. Access courses on your schedule, from any desktop or mobile device.
- Helpful resources. Reinforce new knowledge with quizzes, exercise files and coding practice windows.