Prior to the commencement of any recruitment activity the following must be received in the Human Resources Department:
- Approval Conformation:- Recruitment authorisation form duly signed.
- Job & Person Specification:- a complete job and person specification (including competencies) must be provided by the hiring leader, which will form the basis of the advertisement and from which the selection criteria will be defined. Any other information by way of background information to attract suitable candidates should also be supplied.
- Draft Advertisement:- The hiring leader must submit the draft advertisement text to the HR Department having due regard for any mandatory inclusions and provide details of the newspapers, journals, websites, in which the advertisement is to appear. The HR Department will be responsible for the booking of advertising space, finalising advertising copy with the College’s advertising agents and for posting the job and person specification to the University’s vacancies website. Further information concerning advertising is available here.
- Proposed Selection Criteria: – in the case of administrative/ professional library posts.
- Minimum Qualification: - Trinity College is a research-intensive university, and candidates must be suitably qualified to work in a research-intensive University – with PhD level qualifications and post-doctoral experience (where appropriate), expected as the norm for academic staff.
- Selection Committee: - the proposed composition of the Selection Committee as approved by the Dean or Chief Operating Officer. Further information concerning selection committees is available here.
- Dates:- The closing date for applications will be agreed between the HR Department and the hiring School / Area. For academic appointments, which require an international search, 6 weeks is considered a norm. Otherwise, closing dates are generally three weeks from date of advertisement. An interview date or dates must be agreed with the HR Department for presentations, interviews and/or assessment activities. Further information concerning interview dates is available here.
- Documentation:- All application forms, together with the completed shortlisting decision (with supporting documentation and marking system), signed off by the hiring leader, must be returned to the HR Department as soon as possible after the Selection Committee has concluded its initial deliberations and before interviews can be arranged.