The Payroll section is responsible for the College's Weekly and Monthly payrolls.
The College also operates a Casual payroll for those who are paid on an occasional or infrequent basis. The Casual payroll is run by Salaries & Wages Office, The Treasurer's Office, 5 College Green.
This office is also responsible for income tax, PRSI (pay related social insurance) and V.H.I.
The following is a summary of the main activities and responsibilities of the Payroll section of the Human Resources Department:
- Establish new staff on Payroll/Personnel system.
- Terminate Payroll/Personnel record when staff leave
- Payment of stipends to Postgraduate students
- Calculation and implementation of HEA approved salary/wage agreements
- Processing of standard annual increments
- Processing of additional increments and promotions when approved by the relevant review committee
- Provision of statements of income and completion of Bank, Building Society and Social Welfare forms
- Maintenance of staff computerised personnel records which in turn facilitate the production of staff I.D. cards and population of the Peoplefinder on the College website.
- Personnel file management