Trinity’s International Marketing Team Wins Best Marketing/Communications Team at National Education Award 2017
Posted on 26 May 2017
Trinity’s International Marketing Team last night took home the inaugural award for Best Marketing/Communications Team at the Education Awards 2017. This award comes as Trinity has placed increasing emphasis on its global relations strategy of increasing: international student numbers, international research collaborations and partnerships with other prestigious institutions around the world.
The inaugural gala awards ceremony took place on Thursday 25th May, at the Ballsbridge Hotel, Dublin. The Education Awards recognise, encourage and celebrate excellence in the third level education sector on the island of Ireland from both State and privately funded institutions.
A total of 12 awards were presented to winners from across Ireland’s third level education sector for categories including: Student Experience, Student Engagement, Online Learning Experience and Career Impact Strategy. The Award categories are designed to highlight the key areas that impact upon student performance and provide opportunities for educational institutions, their employees and contributors to have their achievements recognised across the various important facets of their operations.
Trinity’s International Marketing Team of 5, includes 3 International Marketing Officers (Kim Boyle, Nonie Gaynor and Mick Lynham), International Marketing Manager, Patricia Boyle and Marketing Director, Kevin Ennis.
Some of the team’s achievements in 2016-2017 are listed below:
- Shortlisted for a Digital Media Award 2017 for its 2016 US Open Day campaign
- Managed the redesign of the Trinity Global Relations Website
- Developed across departments and teams an integrated high quality designed CRM email communications plan to targeted international audiences across multiple markets.
- Produced a Global Engagement video showcasing the scope and breadth of global activity across Trinity and globally
- Produced a range of bespoke print pieces including Trinity at a Glance (synopsising the university’s 425 year history and activities), a joint degree brochure with Thapar University and the Trinity Foundation brochure
- Working closely with Columbia University on a joint marketing strategy for a jointly awarded degree programme.
- Grew its Facebook audience from just under 13,000 likes to 30,000.
- Developed a focused content management plan based around the student journey where all touch points (Web, Social, print) added value to the information process
- Developed a suite of tiered merchandise for international B2B and B2C engagements
- Hosted cultural events such as; Thanksgiving and Chinese New Year to foster an enhanced International student experience
Further information on the Education Awards is available here: http://www.educationawards.ie/