Trinity students and staff - if you'd like to get involved with International Women's Week, you are most welcome to hold an event and/or volunteer
Event organisers (and others!) are invited to share the following publicity materials on your social media accounts, websites, departmental noticeboards, etc. These resources have been created by Sadhbh Sheeran of DU Amnesty, with many thanks.
- Schedule of events (PNG)
- Schedule of events (PDF)
- Flyer (PDF)
- Poster (PDF)
- Social Media cover photo 1 (PNG)
- Social Media cover photo 2 (PNG)
You are also encouraged to promote your own event(s) as well as the overall schedule. When making your own event poster(s), you may find this poster border for individual events helpful. The colours used are #370552 (purple) and #12B3DB (blue).
Hashtags for the week are #IWW2017 and #BeBoldForChange (the latter is the global International Women's Day theme for this year).
The Equality Office is more than happy to share your event's promotional materials on Facebook (Trinity Equality) and Twitter (@TCDEquality). Just tag the Equality Office or send the material by email to email@example.com.
T-shirts for participants in your event, and hard-copy International Women's Week flyers to disseminate at the event, will be provided on request (subject to availability). An International Women's Week pop-up banner sign is also available for loan to individual events, on a first-come, first-served basis. The sign is particularly appropriate for large events of a formal nature. Please contact Aoife at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve.
Volunteers are requested for the following three activities:
- Communications: Around four volunteers are requested to disseminate posters and flyers across the main campus and other buildings on Monday 6th March. The materials can be collected from the Equality Office.
- Events Management: Two volunteers are requested to attend each event - arriving 30 mins before start time - to assist with venue set-up, ushering guests, clean-up, etc.
- Info Stands
- Stands will be open in the Hamilton and Arts Block from 10am - 4pm every day (Monday - Friday)
- The primary function of the stand volunteers is to tell people what International Women's Week is about and encourage them to attend events, giving them a copy of the schedule
- Stand volunteers will also take donations of feminine hygiene products for the sanitation drive (just put them in the box provided)
- You will also have a "feminist hamper" prize for the hashtag competition at each stand. This is a great opportunity to encourage people to enter the competition! See www.tcd.ie/equality/projects/international-womens-week/schedule/ for details.
- The first 2 volunteers at each stand in the morning must collect the stand decorations / hamper / donation box / flyers, and the last 2 volunteers in the afternoon must return them, from / to the following locations:
- Arts Block stand : Equality Office (through House 1 - http://www.tcd.ie/equality/contact/)
- Hamilton stand : TBC
Hold an Event
Local events are the heart of the International Women's Week festivities. Here's some advice if you are considering holding your own event:
- You may submit an event proposal as an individual or as part of a group / department / society (etc.)
- Events can take a wide variety of forms, and relate to a wide variety of themes, so long as they support the core aim of International Women's Week which is to promote women's rights and gender equality
- Please note that funding and organising the event are the responsibility of the event organiser(s), not the Equality Office
- Events should be as accessible as possible – please use the Event Checker at https://www.tcd.ie/disability/physical-access/event.php
- You must also follow the Junior Dean's checklist for event permissions
- Please send details of your proposal, including time and venue, to Aoife at email@example.com, by 5pm on Friday 17th February
- Please wait for confirmation from the Equality Office before advertising your event as part of the International Women's Week schedule; some modifications may be required (for example, where two events clash)
- Your event will be publicised as part of the overall International Women's Week schedule - please provide a short blurb about your event containing its title, time, venue, and organiser contact details. Posters are also welcome!
- You are also encouraged to publicise your event separately, and to send any Facebook / Twitter material to firstname.lastname@example.org for sharing from the Equality Office accounts
We are currently looking for volunteers for International Women's Week 2017. If you are a Trinity student and would like to be one of our volunteers, please join the volunteers Facebook group where you will find full details of volunteering opportunities. Volunteers will generally be asked to help with essential practical tasks such as preparing venues, ushering and spreading publicity, as well as manning the International Women's Week information stands in the Arts and Hamilton Buildings.
The week couldn't happen without volunteers and any help you can offer is much appreciated!