Information for Project Organisers
Congratulations on your successful application to the Equality Fund, and all the best with your project!
You can get started as soon as you have signed your Equality Fund Acceptance Letter at the information meeting. Please don't hesitate to contact the Equality Officer throughout the year about any issues that may arise with your project. The Equality Officer is always happy to help you with
- arranging reimbursements of your project expenses
- publicising your project on Equality Office social media channels
- general advice and guidance on your project
You (and your team) are responsible for
- monitoring your project's budget and requesting reimbursements from the Equality Office
- implementing your project (e.g. booking rooms, contacting stakeholders, making purchases)
- ensuring that your project is completed in accordance with the Equality Fund Terms and Conditions below:
Terms and Conditions
- Your project must be completed by 30th June 2018, unless otherwise agreed
- Your project must be implemented as described in the application form - please notify the Equality Office straight away of any changes
- Your project must comply with university policies. Please use the Event Accessibility Checker for any events
- Any expenditure on catering / refreshments must not exceed the limit pre-agreed with the Equality Fund Sub-Committee
- You must complete regular progress reports and a Feedback Form once your project is completed
- You must share any publicity material relating to your project with the Equality Office, for future promotion of the Fund
- You must take part in the Equality Fund Showcase (October 2018)
- Every project should have a strategy for communicating their activities and achievements to their target audience, making use of a range of media
- You are encouraged to tag the Equality Office in any social media posts about your event, or send links to email@example.com for sharing from the Equality Office Facebook and Twitter
- Please use the "general use" Trinity logo in any visual materials (such as Powerpoint presentations, posters, publications etc) - this is available from the Equality Office on request
- Please acknowledge the support of the Trinity Equality Fund in any visual materials or speeches
- Please place the Equality Office pull-up banner sign in a prominent position at any events - you can borrow the sign from the Equality Office
Obtaining your Funding
All project-related financial transactions must be completed by 31st August 2018. Requests for reimbursement made after this date cannot be fulfilled.
- Students: You must make all purchases yourself, and keep the original receipt for every purchase (see "Getting Reimbursements" below). Please note that you cannot be reimbursed for mileage / travel to College or subsistence
- Students in financial difficulty: The Equality Office will make every effort to place orders - with Trinity's preferred suppliers only - on behalf of students who are unable to make project-related purchases and wait for reimbursement due to their personal financial circumstances. Please speak with the Equality Officer in confidence if this might apply to you
- Staff (ordering from suppliers): You must make purchases from the university's Preferred Suppliers - please get a quote from the supplier and pass it on to the Equality Office who will process the order and revert to you with a PO number (to give to the supplier). It is also helpful if you can notify the Equality Office when your order has arrived, so that payment can be released to the supplier straight away. Some internal suppliers such as Catering will simply request a charge code, which you can get from the Equality Office. Please do not make project purchases from your normal departmental/research account as these are difficult to undo.
- Staff (personal expenses): If you buy anything for the project with your own money, you must keep the original receipt for every purchase (see "Getting Reimbursements" below)
- Students: Fill in the yellow boxes in this non-staff payments requisition form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org along with any digital receipts (e.g. for plane tickets); then bring any hard copy receipts to the Equality Office in person - please make an appointment as the Equality Officer is often out of the office
- Staff: Contact the Equality Officer to get set up to claim from the Equality Fund on iExpenses. This can take some time so you are recommended to begin your iExpenses set-up well in advance of making any expenditure. When you are set up, please follow these guidelines for claiming from the Equality Fund on iExpenses. Please do not make project expense claims to your normal departmental/research account as these are difficult to undo.
Paying Individuals (Casual Payroll)
- Speak to the Equality Officer before arranging payment to an individual
- If you are paying someone via the casual payroll, be sure to factor employers' PRSI (10.75% of the total pay) and holiday pay (8% of the total pay) into your budget. This Casual Payroll Calculator will make the sums easier!
- Ask the payee to complete the Casual Payroll Set-up Form and return it to the Equality Office along with their first claim form. The first time they complete a Casual Payroll Claim Form, they should complete Sections A, B and C.They only need to complete Sections B and C for any future claims
- Ask the payee to sign each claim form and bring/send it to the Equality Office by the 1st of the month after the month in which the work was performed. Do not send claim forms directly to the Payroll department as the Equality Officer's signature is required to authorise payment
- Please note that casual payments are made monthly, at the end of the month - see the Casual Payroll Dates and Deadlines for further details