The Equality Office’s aim is to promote equality for Trinity staff, students and service users, in all areas of university life, with particular regard to the protected grounds in equality legislation.
The Equality Officer...
- advises the Equality Committee and Board on compliance with equality legislation
- assists in the development of university policies and practices from an equality perspective
- raises awareness of equality matters through training, communications, and events
- provides information to students, staff and members of the public on Trinity's equality policies and practices
- compiles reports on equality and diversity in Trinity
- is secretary to the Equality Committee and its subcommittees
- is a member of the Irish Universities' Association Equality Network
- implements various equality projects in Trinity, including the Equality Fund, the LEAD training programme and International Women's Week
The Equality Officer does not deal with disciplinary actions or harassment cases, and does not give legal advice.
Aoife Crawford (pictured) is the Equality Officer. Preferred pronouns are "she" and "her".