Trinity College Dublin Disability Service Strategic Plan 2015-2020
The Disability Service (DS) strategic plan (2015-2020) outlines the alignment between DS activities and Trinity objectives, and provides information on how the DS aims and objectives will be delivered over the coming five years. The DS has embarked on a major transformation in the provision of services and organisational change, in order to achieve our ambition of being the number one choice for disabled students in Ireland.
We are committed to providing modern, integrated, high quality, and cost effective front-line services that make a real difference to the Trinity community. This will be achieved through an innovative approach and continuous review of service delivery, whilst also maximising opportunities for partnership/joint working. DS activities will be an evidenced-based service that is customer-focused and customer-facing.
Pathways to Trinity - Disability Service Strategic Plan 2011-2014:
Disability Service Strategic Plan 2011-2014 - (pdf 1.1mb)
The Disability Service has developed an Outreach, Transition, Retention and Progression Plan 2011- 2014 which aims to develop clear and effective support systems at all stages in the student journey from college entrance to graduation to employment.
- The Disability Service Strategic Outreach, Transition, Retention and Progression Plan 2011 - 2014 - (.docx 350kb)
- Disability Service Objectives for year III (2013-2014) . (.doc 456KB)
- Disability Service Objectives for year II (2012-2013) of the DS Strategic Plan (.doc 45KB)
Trinity and National Policy related links:
- Trinity College Dublin Access Plan - (http://www.tcd.ie/vpcao)
- Trinity College Dublin College Strategic Plan - (www.tcd.ie/about/)
Both documents set a target of 22% for non-traditional students, including those from a socio-economically disadvantaged background, those with a disability and mature students. The previous target of 15% was exceeded in 2008, and the number of students registering with the Disability Service has increased significantly over the last 10 years.
- Disability Service External Quality Review 2014
- Higher Education Authority (HEA) Strategic Plan 2015-2020
Disability Service Annual Symposium
- Disability Service First Annual Symposium 2012
- Disability Service Second Annual Symposium 2013
- Disability Service Third Annual Symposium 2014
Disability Service First Annual Symposium 2012
Phase 1: The Disabled Student Journey a new transition model is emerging:
Disability Service Second Annual Symposium 2013
Phase 2: Models of Support for Students with disabilities on Professional Placements:
- Support for Students with Disabilities in Professional Practice: Perspectives of Stakeholders - TCD - (MS Powerpoint 1MB)
- A Model for Supporting Nursing and Midwifery Students with a Disability on Placement - UCD. - (MSPowerpoint 1.1MB)
- Professional courses - A student perspective - Emma Clarke (MS Powerpoint 376KB)
- The Development and Implementation Plans for UCC Fitness to Practice Policy - UCC. (MS Powerpoint 1.24 MB)
- Developing a model for the communication and the provision of Reasonable Accommodations in professional placements - Declan Reilly, TCD. (MS Powerpoint - 1.4MB)
- Draft Guide for Students with Disabilities on Placement booklet (MS Word 9.31MB) - Declan Reilly TCD
Disability Service Third Annual Symposium 2014
Phase 3: Career Pathways is a new and exciting initiative funded by the Genio Trust, which aims to support students and graduates with disabilities as they transition to employment.