Skip to main content

Trinity College Dublin, The University of Dublin

Menu Search

You are here Supports & Resources

Trinity Student Accomodation

Students with disabilities seeking consideration for their application for rooms

Trinity has limited accommodation on two main sites (the Trinity main campus and Trinity Hall). A number of rooms on campus and Trinity Hall are accessible. Rooms are not fully supervised but they do have 24 hour security staff and residential wardens on site.

The accommodation offered encourages independent living and this can create a lively environment but are not always suited to students who need a very quiet living space. Campus accommodation is mostly for final year students or graduate students. Trinity Hall is ideal for first and continuing students but spaces are limited too.

New Entrants for 2017/18

Students must be registered with the Trinity Disability Service to avail of this support.

To apply:

To apply for a room, complete the online accommodation application form by clicking on this link.

The Disability Service will review your medical evidence supplied to the service at registration and will take into account the following criteria when prioritising applications for accommodation:

  1. The nature and impact of disability – as stated by the applicant and documented with appropriate evidence. Priority will be given to applicants with the most significant needs based on mobility, balance, stamina and strength.
  2. The nature and impact of the disability on travelling to and from Trinity including transport options and distance to Trinity from home. Priority will be given to applicants with difficulties in accessing public transport and those living furthest from campus.

Based on the criteria above, the Disability Service will review all the applications and will make recommendations to the Accommodations Office. In turn, based on the availability of rooms on campus and the priority given to applications, the Accommodations Office will inform applicants of any room offers. In some cases, applicants may be advised that accommodation in Trinity Hall better suits their individual needs.

Students registered with and applying through the Trinity Disability Service will have there supporting documentation processed by the Trinity Disability Service.

Furtehr information and advise on student accommodation can be found at -

Out of Hours and Non-Academic Personal Care

Trinity funding does not cover expenditure for personal care, medical treatment/supplies, or other supports required outside study/ course contact hours or the academic year, including those that can reasonably be expected to be provided by another agency such as the local health service where you are ordinarily resident. Please follow this link for further information on out of hours and non-academic personal care:

Back to Top