Preparing for a Needs Assessment
After registering with the Disability Service, you will receive an email inviting you to meet with a Disability Staff Member for a one-to-one Needs Assessment or a Group Session.
Before coming to your needs assessment meeting, consider the following:
- Did you receive any reasonable accommodations during your time in school?
- What exam accommodations did you receive during your time in school?
- What reasonable accommodations and supports will you need in Trinity to support your role as a third-level student?
- Will you need exam accommodations?
- You are strongly encouraged to fill out a Needs Assessment Preparation Template to help you to organise your thoughts before the meeting.
For an example of what a completed Needs Assessment Preparation Template might look like, please consult the following example: Sample Needs Assessment Preparation Template.
To download a blank template, please click here.