Master in Theology
3 years part-time
The M.Th. offers a distinctive learning experience based on the integration of the fields of theology, biblical studies and Christian practice. Students will engage critically with the intellectual challenges of ministry through the study of key themes in biblical, theological and ministerial studies. The course is thus framed around a clear interaction between both theory and practice and across a variety of areas of ministerial formation. The M.Th. aims to maintain a rigorous academic core whilst also broadening the scope of content and assessment to include professional application. This course is offered only in the part-time mode, with two options: Mode A which runs for three years and Mode B which runs for four years.
• Christian Thinking About God
• Jesus the Christ
• Pentateuch and Psalms
• Critical and Interpretative Issues in the Study of the Gospels
• Sages and Prophets in the Context of Israelite History
• New Testament Letters and Writings
• Anglican Dogmatic Theology
• Cosmology, Anthropology and the Church
• Theology and Ethics
• Mission, Culture and Social Context
• Pastoral Studies
• Liturgy, Worship and Spirituality
• Anglican Studies in an Irish Context
• Church Leadership Practice and Practicalities
Elective Modules: Students take one of three elective modules.
• Ministry for Reconciliation
• Church History
• Developing New Communities of Faith
Co-requisite Modules: these modules are part of the ministry portfolio and are assessed by means of both written submission and an oral examination.
• Ministerial Formation