Cancer Care (M.Sc.)
- Duration: 2 Year(s) Part Time
- Admission Requirements: See bottom of this page
- Closing Date: 31st May 2013
- Course Coordinator(s): Dr Brian Keogh
- Course Email(s): Antoinette.Kirwan@slh.ie , email@example.com
- Course Tel(s): +353 1 406 5076 , or +353 1 896 3892/3753
- Course Url: www.nursing-midwifery.tcd.ie/postgraduate/taught-masters/msc-cancercare.php
ApplyTo apply, click on the relevant Apply Link below
The School of Nursing and Midwifery in partnership with St. Luke's Hospital, Rathgar, offers an MSc in Cancer Care. This programme has been developed to meet the new demands and challenges within the health care system and specifically within cancer care. The course is firmly grounded in a body of knowledge and clinical expertise that aims to promote excellence in the area of cancer care practice. It is also designed to provide an academically robust education for the participants and the various modules offered develop and complement subjects undertaken at degree or 'equivalent' level.
1. All applicants are required to be registered on the live register maintained by An Bord Altranais 2. Have a minimum of two year's clinical experience in nursing with one year being in recognised Cancer Care. Students of the programme are required to work in a designated Cancer Care setting for a minimum of 500 hours during year 1. 3. Hold at least an upper second class honours degree in nursing, or 4. Otherwise satisfy the selection panel that they have the ability and/or the experience to complete the course successfully.
Ms Antoinette Kirwan, Nurse Tutor, Education Centre, St Lukes Hospital, Highfield Road, Rathgar, Dublin 6. Telephone:+353 1 406 5076 email: Antoinette.Kirwan@slh.ie
Ms Eleonora Centro, TCD Executive Officer, School of Nursing and Midwifery, 24 D'olier Street, Dublin 2. Telephone: +353-1-896 3753 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org